No Hitter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Hitter?

Has anyone been the beneficiary of two no hitters this year? Lets include Mad Bum's 7 inning as well.

Rondon and Kluber
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have Musgrove and Rodon on the same team, but had rodon on the bench for his no-hitter...d'oh

Comment

I would have had Klubot and Turnbull on back to back days if I didn't wuss out in the auction, but I'mm happy to at least have one in the books.

Comment

the Mets TV channel tonight during their game vs AZ impudently interviewed Johan Santana during the game on the 9th anniversary of his 1-hitter*, mistakenly credited as the lone no-hitter in Mets history (he allowed a base hit right on the foul line that the umps missed, just before the replay era).

the baseball gods clearly were NOT amused.

Mets lead, 5-4, bottom 10, 1st and 2nd, 2 outs.

AZ hits a liner down the line for a 2-run, game-winning hit.

or was it? one replay seems to hint at a speck of chalk, the other does not.

after a review, the umps chose the one that said the Mets lose.

funny how life works out like that

#karmabitch
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I had 2 in 20 team dynasty, with Rodon and Means. My pitching there is insane. Top 7 is Darvish, Giolito, Sale, Gallen, Means, Rodon, and now hopefully Manoah.

I also have Turnbull in 2 leagues, $5 in 12 tm AL and $1 in RJEL, 18 tm mixed. He was a sleeper for me this year, so I'm enjoying what seems like his breakout year.
            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Is Turnbull really “a guy” now? I thought he was supposed to be mediocre. What did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                Is Turnbull really “a guy” now? I thought he was supposed to be mediocre. What did I miss?
                His manager has long sung his praises--like, suggesting he could be a true front line level starter if it all came together. Prognosticators have not been as kind, but internally, people in the org have long praised Turnbull. It looks like their belief is finally paying off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  His manager has long sung his praises--like, suggesting he could be a true front line level starter if it all came together. Prognosticators have not been as kind, but internally, people in the org have long praised Turnbull. It looks like their belief is finally paying off.
                  Just like that, Turnbull left today's start after 4 strong IP against a good hitting White Sox team. The dreaded "forearm tightness" diagnosis.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Snell got through 6 no-hit ball vs the Mets AAAA lineup tonight, but allowed a leadoff hit to Lindor in the 7th
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                    X