Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Winner!

Unless of course it used incorrectly, then it is kind of funny.
    If I might interject, to make a long story short, like "nonplussed," "literally" has been misused so much, it has now also come to mean its opposite....kinda like Make America Great Again. But what can we do...it is what it is...I guess it was just meant to be. To be honest, though, language is always evolving. Cancel culture has accelerated this change...yesterday's meet cute, like Bill and Melinda Gates, is today's inappropriate workplace romance. But Bill figured YOLO, and went for it. If he had stopped there, he'd have been alright, but he kept trying to go out and get comfort food with other female employees. You may call that fake news, but we will just have to agree to disagree there. I bet that now he is on the market again, he is literally going to get into the best shape of his life, so he can be totes adorbs to all the young ladies he will be trolling for in brick and mortar stores until employees come up to him and say, "sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      If I might interject, to make a long story short, like "nonplussed," "literally" has been misused so much, it has now also come to mean its opposite....kinda like Make America Great Again. But what can we do...it is what it is...I guess it was just meant to be. To be honest, though, language is always evolving. Cancel culture has accelerated this change...yesterday's meet cute, like Bill and Melinda Gates, is today's inappropriate workplace romance. But Bill figured YOLO, and went for it. If he had stopped there, he'd have been alright, but he kept trying to go out and get comfort food with other female employees. You may call that fake news, but we will just have to agree to disagree there. I bet that now he is on the market again, he is literally going to get into the best shape of his life, so he can be totes adorbs to all the young ladies he will be trolling for in brick and mortar stores until employees come up to him and say, "sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."
      2.04 - Greatest Post Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

"Up next a song by Radiohead".
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

2.05 - "Not tonight, because i'm ______."
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

2.06 - Another No-Hitter

Comment

2.07 Christmas in July
                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

2.08 We'll repeal Obamacare and replace it with something better.

Comment

2.09 - Keep on Keeping on

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      2.09 - Keep on Keeping on
                      ??? when is the last time you heard that one? That is not groovy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        ??? when is the last time you heard that one? That is not groovy at all.
                        2.11 You forgot to put 2.10 in front of yours.
                        Last edited by Steve 2.0; 05-25-2021, 12:11 PM.

Comment

2.12 You forgot to put 2.10 in front of yours

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            2.12 You forgot to put 2.10 in front of yours
                            2.13 No, I did not.

Comment

2.14 3.01 You're looking for the "Phrases You Hate" thread.

Comment

2.15 Steve killed another thread

Comment

Working...
                                X