Pitcher and DH in the same game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitcher and DH in the same game?

I apparently just found out something tonite that I didnt realize before. Shohei Ohtani pitched tonite and also was in the lineup as a hitter. He pitched very well and completed 7 IP. After he came out, I was expecting that he would have to come out of the lineup also. But according to the box score I looked at, he remained in the game as a hitter and batted again in the 9th inning. I thought that if the pitcher hits, then there is no DH and there has to be a hitter inserted into the lineup after the pitcher is taken out. But apparently this is not the case. I dont know if the same thing happened the last time Ohtani both pitched and hit in the same game.

Ohtani played RF after being lifted as a pitcher. The new (and each subsequent) pitcher took Taylor Ward's spot in the order as Ward was removed from the game.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
      Ohtani played RF after being lifted as a pitcher. The new (and each subsequent) pitcher took Taylor Ward's spot in the order as Ward was removed from the game.
      Thanx. The box score I looked at never listed him at OF. That's what confused me.

Comment

Working...
      X