Rank Surprise Arms ROS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    I traded manaea, corbin, marquez, Tyler Oneill, and Ryan McMahon for Roger's and spare parts. I am hoping I do not regret it.
    Wow, that's a huge offer. I dont think I would have gone that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Wow, that's a huge offer. I dont think I would have gone that far.
      It is a 14 team mixed league and eventually when Gallen and Cookie come back, I needed room. Corbin and Marquez were guaranteed contracts for next year, which I saw as a good thing when I got them, but I am no longer certain.

Comment

Hopefully Trevor Rogers?
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Hopefully Trevor Rogers?
          Of course.

Comment

Big move. Certainly risky but I think you’ll like Rogers a lot. More fun to own than guys like Corbin and Marquez. Could be on an IP count this year but nice upside long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Big move. Certainly risky but I think you’ll like Rogers a lot. More fun to own than guys like Corbin and Marquez. Could be on an IP count this year but nice upside long term.
              I might flip him for Max Scherzer .

ETA: I got Vasquez as a throw in...he is looking decent. Maybe he will stick in the line up.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-14-2021, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Of course.
                Hell of a deal for you...he's the real deal.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Hell of a deal for you...he's the real deal.
                  I knew I'd get validation from Hornsby for paying up for a blue chip stud . That kinda deal is right in your wheelhouse!

Comment

To those who predicted the Miley implosion, come collect your prize! First Manaea, now ol' Wade. It's almost as if just being on this list is......nah.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      To those who predicted the Miley implosion, come collect your prize! First Manaea, now ol' Wade. It's almost as if just being on this list is......nah.
                      I hope not I own Freddy

Comment

I knew I'd get validation from Hornsby for paying up for a blue chip stud . That kinda deal is right in your wheelhouse!
                        LOL...I am a firm believer in quality for quantity deals, as long as you're on the quality side.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I might have been drunk when I commented earlier. that wasn't a bad offer. I am actually a pretty good trader as I usually seek to improve both teams. I think I have a 90% trade success rate on the first try. I usually look at the other teams needs and offer 3 different versions of a trade hoping one gets accepted.

but I've never played in keeper leagues or with salaries. it depends on where the other team is in the standings. if he's first or last. I will admit I dislike haggling in RL. and don't quite understand the concept of starting low and meeting in the middle.

if you got Trevor Rogers, that's a nice get.

I did a couple trades this year in my two yahoo leagues.
                          league one (FA league) I traded Madrigal and Tapia for Bell and Kiner-Falefa before the season started. I really just wanted Bell and he countered offering Kiner-Falefa with Bell. the minute the trade went through I tried to offer Falefa back for nothing since I didn't want to rip him off, but he declined.
                          league two I was offered Bichette for Merrifield and accepted. tough to let Whit go but the other owner looked like a Royals fan already having B. Witt Jr. and Benintendi.

it's like desiring to have a social contract and everything works out for everyone even though it rarely does. or being like in a roman coliseum and hoping each manager get's what they want and is entertained.

I try to stay out of the baseball forum and limit my toxicity. but I have always been passionate about baseball. 20 years ago I used to always have like 20 teams. it used to take like 6 hours to set my lineups and everything everyday. heh. good times. you wouldn't really know I actually followed baseball.

back in the day I believed Rob Neyer articles were like the Holy Grail.

Comment

Working...
                          X