Rodon for Arozarena?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodon for Arozarena?

Really need pitching in our AL-only 5x5 league. Was offered Carlos Rodon $6 / year 1 for Randy Arozarena $3 / year 2. Reactions?

I’m thinking it’s not enough 1 for 1, given Rodon’s lengthy injury history and ineffectiveness. But I do like Rodon and am tempted if he will sweeten the pot just a little. Am I wrong?

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Really need pitching in our AL-only 5x5 league. Was offered Carlos Rodon $6 / year 1 for Randy Arozarena $3 / year 2. Reactions?

I’m thinking it’s not enough 1 for 1, given Rodon’s lengthy injury history and ineffectiveness. But I do like Rodon and am tempted if he will sweeten the pot just a little. Am I wrong?
    Agree completely. He has thrown very few innings the last few years...how many will they let him get?

Comment

An alternate possibility is Kyle Lewis $10 / year 2 for Rodon. Any preference?

Comment

I'm actually a fan of Rondon. Ask for the sweetener.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I'm actually a fan of Rondon. Ask for the sweetener.
          Thanks a lot Doig. Would you do it straight up for either or both?

Comment

I'd do it for Lewis, I think.

Comment

Thanks a lot Doig. Would you do it straight up for either or both?
              Maybe Straight up for Lewis, but even though I'm not a big Aroz guy--he's 3 bucks, I'd need something to mitigate the potential loss/reduction of IP Rondon could face--I still love the guy, but arms man...even DeGrom might be sidelined for a while. Plus I always like sweeteners.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Maybe Straight up for Lewis, but even though I'm not a big Aroz guy--he's 3 bucks, I'd need something to mitigate the potential loss/reduction of IP Rondon could face--I still love the guy, but arms man...even DeGrom might be sidelined for a while. Plus I always like sweeteners.
                That's the frustration with pitching in roto, isn't it? The hitters are always safer, but if you always go hitter, you end up with a garbage staff and a mid-table finish at best.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                  That's the frustration with pitching in roto, isn't it? The hitters are always safer, but if you always go hitter, you end up with a garbage staff and a mid-table finish at best.
                  I get the opposite information even from this thread actually.

Rondon was an afterthought in drafts this year, and he's being traded for much higher valued hitters. You can find pitchers late.

Comment

I would not trade Arozarena for Rodon.

I would consider trading Lewis for him.

Even if he’s healthy this year, his workload will probably be capped at 140-150. Just FYI, his career IP high is 165. And he’s pitched 182 innings — since 2018!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Rondon was an afterthought in drafts this year, and he's being traded for much higher valued hitters. You can find pitchers late.
                      I thought he had some helium from spring, but, yeah, he went late, probably because pitchers with helium go later than hitters with helium. Yeah, you can get far more for him now than at the start of the season, but he's been awesome. Pitchers are just weird. They get hurt all the time, and some breakout years later than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                        I thought he had some helium from spring, but, yeah, he went late, probably because pitchers with helium go later than hitters with helium. Yeah, you can get far more for him now than at the start of the season, but he's been awesome. Pitchers are just weird. They get hurt all the time, and some breakout years later than expected.
                        Helium? I thought they deadened the ball this year?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Kind of like Arozarena last season?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Just agreed to Lewis for Rodon. It’s a gamble but all trades are. Felt like one I couldn’t pass up.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Just agreed to Lewis for Rodon. It’s a gamble but all trades are. Felt like one I couldn’t pass up.
                              Hope he crushes it for you.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X