Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Kind of like Arozarena last season?
    Unless you play playoffs fantasy baseball Arozarena hasn't really done much honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Unless you play playoffs fantasy baseball Arozarena hasn't really done much honestly.
      Agreed but some people seemed to think he was something special when he burst on the scene, at least that's what I recollect
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Agreed but some people seemed to think he was something special when he burst on the scene, at least that's what I recollect
        The guy who has him in my league valued him as a top 10 prospect in baseball. Wouldn't trade him for the world. Not sure he still feels that way. Don't wanna make an offer good enough to find out. In the other league I'm filling in as a favor, he was dealt for a king's ransom last week. The other guy got Betts plus in the haul, which I thought was nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          The guy who has him in my league valued him as a top 10 prospect in baseball. Wouldn't trade him for the world. Not sure he still feels that way. Don't wanna make an offer good enough to find out. In the other league I'm filling in as a favor, he was dealt for a king's ransom last week. The other guy got Betts plus in the haul, which I thought was nuts.
          Top 10? If he could gladly show me any rankings stating that pre hot streak 2020 I'd be impressed. He was a Faab pick up in 3 of my 5 leagues and not until September. In our startup Dynasties, he went in the 27th rd to a guy drafting almost exclusively minor leaguers and 20th in the regular portion after a 20 player minor league draft in the other.

but I guess to each his own.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Top 10? If he could gladly show me any rankings stating that pre hot streak 2020 I'd be impressed. He was a Faab pick up in 3 of my 5 leagues and not until September. In our startup Dynasties, he went in the 27th rd to a guy drafting almost exclusively minor leaguers and 20th in the regular portion after a 20 player minor league draft in the other.

but I guess to each his own.
            rhd had him at 125 in his 2018 top 150. On his 4/14 list had him at #4.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              rhd had him at 125 in his 2018 top 150. On his 4/14 list had him at #4.
              #4 this year?

Let me clarify. Show me a top 10 ranking PRIOR to his breakout in sept 2020. I'm inferring, well saying actually, he was an afterthought until he went off in sept and the playoffs last season. Now he's supposedly untouchable to some. I may be in the minority, but I need more than a month before considering him anything special.

PS. Not knocking RHDs rankings, he's better than most lists I've seen, but few, if any of the lists I follow had him ranked at all. Or maybe they did but I didn't scroll that far into the hundreds to notice him.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

In 20 team Dynasty, I picked up Rodon on the first week of FAAB for $15. 7 players were FAAB'd for more, and they're mostly bums, so I got a bargain. It's keep forever, and I don't trade much.

I also own Arozarena in RJEL at $6 which was a FAAB purchase, so he didn't get taken among 270 farm slots. GITH is correct that the industry consensus wasn't super high on him. He was described more as a "grinder", in terms that made the case that he was overperforming his natural abilities. I'm happy to have him too, and I think the power may be less prodigious than the small sample indicated, but he still has tremendous talent, rare power/speed combo with good BA potential and should hit 3/4. I don't see what's not to like. If he ends up as a Tim Anderson comp, that's not such a bad thing.

Rodon is throwing 2 MPH harder than his previous max velo for his entire career, so whatever program he's been on has worked, and I'm buying into the hot start.

I think that insisting players cannot possibly vastly change their outlook based on a playoff MVP performance is kinda silly. That's worth a lot. Maybe or maybe not elevating him into top 10 prospect value status, depending on contract, but definitely top 50 or 100 at the very least. Lots of guys on the top 100 have done nothing against even AA competition. Crushing MLB the way he did is worth a lot more than 90% of prospects that didn't even accrue statistics for the year.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                X