Terrible Trade Offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible Trade Offers

I didn't get this doozy but a friend in my 16 tm redraft did, and he was kind enough to share it with me. Boy, is it a whopper:

Give:
    Francisco Lindor & Myles Straw

Get:
    Yermin Mercedes, Andrelton Simmons & Billy McKinney

I wouldn't even do this deal if you took Lindor out!

BTW, "gravy" McKinney was dropped hours later.

Actually a pretty accurate illustration of how bad Lindor has been.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Actually a pretty accurate illustration of how bad Lindor has been.
      He's been terrible. But you'd have to have been born yesterday to have accepted that deal.

Comment

I've passed the point where I'd get snarky about an offer that bad, but I'd just decline with no comment.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I've passed the point where I'd get snarky about an offer that bad, but I'd just decline with no comment.
          Oh yeah, I won't throw a comment to the offer initiator -- but I would gossip about it to friends!

Comment

I think I'm in the minority on this but given some pretty wide variances in how people value things like slow starts, younger players vs vets, injury history, I don't read much into bad trade offers ... throw things out there, maybe they stick, maybe they don't ... I'm okay with that, it's all part of the game to me ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Got an offer in an only league, I give Mookie Betts, decent price, and keepable, and Christian Yelich who's an expiring contract for my choice of 2 minor leagers: Hudson Head, Lewin Diaz, Tahnaj Thomas, or Andy Pages.

Now Pages would be a decent throw in with a top 50 prospect IMO, but none of these guys are close to top 100...Just frustrating. And I get nobody knows if Yelich is ever going to play again, but Betts alone is worth a stud, IMO.

Also awash in unanswered trade offers I've made, only to see the player I inquired about be traded two days later...SMDH.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Got an offer in an only league, I give Mookie Betts, decent price, and keepable, and Christian Yelich who's an expiring contract for my choice of 2 minor leagers: Hudson Head, Lewin Diaz, Tahnaj Thomas, or Andy Pages.

Now Pages would be a decent throw in with a top 50 prospect IMO, but none of these guys are close to top 100...Just frustrating. And I get nobody knows if Yelich is ever going to play again, but Betts alone is worth a stud, IMO.

Also awash in unanswered trade offers I've made, only to see the player I inquired about be traded two days later...SMDH.
                That is truly horrific. The only time I have gotten an offer this bad was from my pal that loves to make me bad offers from time to time just to annoy me.

Comment

In a 12 team nl only league, was offered a $6 nimmo for my $17 trea turner w 2 years left straight up...never spoke to the guy the rest of the year

Comment

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yadier Molina for Adolis Garcia

Oh wait, that's a trade I actually accepted three weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X