Victor Robles trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Robles trade?

I am desperate for steals and have a chance to pick up Victor Robles in trade in my mixed 5x5. I would have to give up a $2 Nico Hoerner. Will Robles turn it around enough to make it a good deal?

Normally this would be a no-brainer, but Robles has been so cold and Nico has started so hot.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

worth exactly what you pay for it, but:

HQ projects Robles ROS at $19
    that said, his BA is .227 and his xBA is .209
    sample size and all, but that xBA is REALLY low

Hoerner they have at ROS $4
    xBA in a tiny sample size is only .239
    they like him a lot better in an OBP league, which could be key

Hoerner has 243 PA of 84 OPS+
    Robles has 977 PA of 88 OPS+

go figure: Hoerner is 6 days OLDER than Robles

Hoerner gives much better positional flexibility

this data doesn't give you an answer, imo, but maybe it's a start
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Víctor Robles Every game played with complete stats, links to box scores and automated row summing for 2021

Robles started the year hitting leadoff but has been 8th or 9th since April 14. Harder to run hitting 8th, though easier hitting 9th. I don't know that I see him getting back to the top of the order. I think I'd hope for a good week from Nico and wait for him to develop some value to a dumping team.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
        I am desperate for steals and have a chance to pick up Victor Robles in trade in my mixed 5x5. I would have to give up a $2 Nico Hoerner. Will Robles turn it around enough to make it a good deal?

Normally this would be a no-brainer, but Robles has been so cold and Nico has started so hot.

I have some interested in Hoerner. Let me know what you see.

Comment

Working...
        X