Showtime series being filmed in town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showtime series being filmed in town

Showtime is filming a series called "Rust" in town. The main building being used is right across the street from the Library so I get to experience the hoopla around the set.

it's really very cool to see what goes on when filming a show. Jeff Daniels and Maura Tierney are the stars of the show.

For my little town, this is big time action!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Awesome. Wonder if they'll have any library scenes?

Comment

from that show title - are the locals going to be pleased with the result?

I mean, if it's "Nirvana" or "Paradise" I'd be less wary
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Showtime is filming a series called "Rust" in town. The main building being used is right across the street from the Library so I get to experience the hoopla around the set.

it's really very cool to see what goes on when filming a show. Jeff Daniels and Maura Tierney are the stars of the show.

For my little town, this is big time action!!
        Awesome. Have fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          No library scenes.

A horror movie was filmed in the library about 5 years ago, but has never seen the light of day...
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

No library scenes.

A horror movie was filmed in the library about 5 years ago, but has never seen the light of day...
            That's because horror movies are all at night. Makes them scarier
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

No library scenes.

They're keeping things quiet eh?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Personally, I think it's awesome to have that much activity in town, although they seem to be pretty well self contained. I don't know how much the crew contributed to the town's economy, but it's still a big deal.

Unfortunately, people have been so closed minded about the filming, because instead of taking 2 minutes to drive to our grocery store, it was taking them 7 minutes to get through town. Some lady told me that there's no reason to have a movie filming in our town.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  You can book it!
                  “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Working...
                  X