Biggest successes on your team thus far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest successes on your team thus far

Let's spread some positive energy, who ya got?

12-team mixed

Nate Lowe -1A - I only got him in the endgame because a rival convinced another owner to bid $2 on Cron, eat that!

Freddy Peralta - 1A - I waited on him until everyone else had a max bid of $1, be just needs to keep facing the Cubs.

Chris Taylor - 2A - perennially underappreciated.

Dylan Carlson - 10A - was hoping to get him a bit cheaper but this kid looks like the real deal, just needs to start stealing some bases.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

could Trea Turner be a keeper at 44 with 6 HR and 5 SB already in 11-team NL-only?

Daza for a buck at Coors - .326 so far

TWalker 10, Gant 2, KHKim 2 - are they SP keepers?
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Vlade
      Yermin Mercedes
      Mike trout

Yimi Garcia
      Jake McGee
      Freddy Peralta

Comment

JD Martinez is the stand out for his price so far. I have Carlson as well, but expected this for him--I paid up to get him on a rookie contract. On the pitching side, Sean Manaea has helped mitigate bad starts from other bigger name starters. And if Karinchak could just seize the closer role, his 0 era, .41 whip, and 20 ks in 9.2 ip would count as pretty, pretty good. I have Clase too, but Karinchak's upside was way higher and I think he deserves the job.

Comment

I'm really liking Jesus Aguilar & his 19 rbis ... on the pitching side, Reyes & Clase in the pen, Matz & Mahle in the rotation
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

[QUOTE=TranaGreg;404505]I'm really liking Jesus Aguilar & his 19 rbis ... on the pitching side, Reyes & Clase in the pen, Matz & Mahle in the rotation[/QU

edit: league leading 22 rbis
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Buxton, McGee, and Trevor Rogers.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

NL only Rhys Hoskins and Wilson Contreras for position players.

Craig Kimbrel, Tejay Antone and two I will wait until tomorrow for pitching.

Comment

AL only Franmil Reyes and for Pitching Matthew Boyd and Michael Kopech.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Buxton, McGee, and Trevor Rogers.
                    Buxton's run is really nice to see. He has been banged up for so long. Nice to see what he can do for a healthy run. The long suffering Buxton owner in my league is getting a well-deserved stretch of enjoyment....before the inevitable happens (I kid, I kid....but not really....but hope he can stay healthy).

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Let's spread some positive energy, who ya got?

12-team mixed

Nate Lowe -1A - I only got him in the endgame because a rival convinced another owner to bid $2 on Cron, eat that!

Freddy Peralta - 1A - I waited on him until everyone else had a max bid of $1, be just needs to keep facing the Cubs.

Chris Taylor - 2A - perennially underappreciated.

Dylan Carlson - 10A - was hoping to get him a bit cheaper but this kid looks like the real deal, just needs to start stealing some bases.
                      And in 1st place for the 1st time this season, despite Soto on IL!
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Huascar Ynoa.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Kolton Wong despite his lost time

Comment

My 15-tm keeper team is in first by a wide margin thanks to performances by these cheaply acquired players:
                            $1 Carson Kelly
                            $6 Garrett Hampson
                            $3 Dylan Carlson (keeper)
                            $2 David Peralta
                            $0 Tim Locastro
                            $4 Joe Musgrove (keeper)
                            $11 Freddy Peralta
                            $1 Alex Reyes
                            $4 Eduardo Rodriguez
                            $2 Richard Rodriguez (keeper)

My 16-tm redraft team, currently in 3rd, is being helped by these cheaply drafted and/or FAAB'd players:
                            Dylan Carlson (11th rd)
                            JD Martinez (6th rd)
                            Nick Solak (12th rd)
                            Emmanuel Clase (24th rd)
                            Josh Staumont (27th rd)
                            Stefan Crichton (23rd rd)
                            Cristian Javier (19th rd)
                            Adolis Garcia (FAAB)

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              Huascar Ynoa.
                              Yes sir! He was the one I mentioned I had to wait on. He is now official.

The other was Taylor Widener who was scheduled to pitch but instead went on the IL.

Comment

Working...
                              X