Draft Day(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Day(s)

I'll be in Lambeau Field for much of day 1 and 2 of the NFL draft this year, just two floors below the Packers brain trust. Missed last year due to COVID, really looking forward to getting back this year.

I'm hoping there's Giants fans at Lambeau again - I had great fun with them in 2018 and 2019. Overall, I doubt anything can top my 2018 experience, but I'm really looking forward to the intrigue of picks 3-10.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    I'll be in Lambeau Field for much of day 1 and 2 of the NFL draft this year, just two floors below the Packers brain trust. Missed last year due to COVID, really looking forward to getting back this year.

I'm hoping there's Giants fans at Lambeau again - I had great fun with them in 2018 and 2019. Overall, I doubt anything can top my 2018 experience, but I'm really looking forward to the intrigue of picks 3-10.
    I am jealous.

Have a great time!

Comment

That’s awesome. I was at the opening of MetLifeStadium for the 2010 NFL Draft, and I’ve been to the drafts at the old Felt Forum in the early 2000s. Have a blast, can’t wait!

Comment

Two and a half hours in and they only made 15 picks! Why does it take so long?
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          I guess it's normal with all of the first round hoopla. And the NFL has to promote the product.

I was just getting impatient waiting for the Steelers pick. And they got their running back!
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Did you get promoted to beer sales? Or are you still slinging hot dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              Did you get promoted to beer sales? Or are you still slinging hot dogs?
              Beer Sales. I take all my tips in product.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Yup, 15 minutes late to start and the Jags taking almost all of their allotted 10 minutes on Lawrence was not good. I wasn't surprised at how long picks 3-15 took with all the trade-up intrigue.

Comment

Soooo....Lambeau reactions to Round 1:

- Discouragingly for me, being a Packer fan, every NFC Central team did really well. Lions, IMO, got a steal in Penei Sewell, the Bears did what they needed to do to arguably get the second best QB in the draft, and the Vikings traded down and got great value in Christian Darrisaw.
                  - Everyone figured the Broncos Surtain pick was a precursor to a Rodgers deal.
                  - The one Cowboy fan in our pub was pretty shocked when Dallas traded down with...Philly. Dunno if I'd have taken Parsons if I were the Cowboys, but he was clearly their guy, and they got an extra 3rd rounder out of the move. And they screwed the Giants, who clearly wanted a slot receiver there.
                  - We just knew the Raiders were going to screw up their pick in some way, we just didn't know how. Louis Riddick's face on ESPN was priceless when that pick went up.
                  - Given all of Jax's needs, was anyone else surprised to see them take Etienne at 25?
                  - Mel Kiper kept pimping Elijah Moore, and I loved how he had to recover after the Ravens took Rashod Bateman.
                  - I was really hoping Packers would go OL with Teven Jenkins or Creed Humphrey, but was not surprised when they took Eric Stokes. They need DB help, and he fared very well against some of the most elite WRs in college football, and he's very, very fast.

Comment

I was at a Browns / Bengals draft/poker party last night and this was some reactions.
                    - first betting was on San Fran pick. I correctly picked Trey lance. There was no way they traded all those picks to take Mac Jones. I do believe they then turned To get Aaron Rodgers before actually having to pick .
                    I also hit on the waddle and Smith picks.
                    **** also was the only one in the room to have the Bengals taking Chase over Sewell. Bengal fans were not to happy.
                    *** was kind of shock of how may offensive linemen went.
                    ** I think both Fields and Mac Jones actually went to the best place for both of them.
                    **** outside of Trevor easiest pick was Harris to Steelers.
                    **** Browns fan were also Happy with the Newsome pick.
                    *** shocking moments ( outside the bengals not taking a linemen to protect Joe) was Dallas trading inside the division and of course a WTF Oakland reach

Comment

"Given all of Jax's needs, was anyone else surprised to see them take Etienne at 25?"

an Urban Meyer vanity play, what a surprise.

"also was the only one in the room to have the Bengals taking Chase over Sewell."

rules re Bengals, in my lifetime:

1. who should they pick?
                      2. scratch that guy off the list because they're not taking him
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by hacko View Post
                        I was at a Browns / Bengals draft/poker party last night and this was some reactions.
                        - first betting was on San Fran pick. I correctly picked Trey lance. There was no way they traded all those picks to take Mac Jones. I do believe they then turned To get Aaron Rodgers before actually having to pick .
                        I also hit on the waddle and Smith picks.
                        I hit the first seven, and then whiffed on Carolina taking Horn. Thought they'd take Slater there, for sure. With no immediate Packer trade announcement, figured the Broncos would go for Fields over Surtain, too.

Comment

Every year this Raiders fan goes into the draft with super low expectations and every year the Raiders manage to not even meet that low bar. What a clusterfuck (yet again). We'd be better off with Matt Millen as GM. Hell, we'd be better off just crowdsourcing the picks, or throwing darts, or consulting the oracle, or just about anything else. But Gruden is always the smartest guy in the room and always makes some ridiculous reach and it always fails. Good thing there's only....*checks calendar*....six more years of this garbage.
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            Every year this Raiders fan goes into the draft with super low expectations and every year the Raiders manage to not even meet that low bar. What a clusterfuck (yet again). We'd be better off with Matt Millen as GM. Hell, we'd be better off just crowdsourcing the picks, or throwing darts, or consulting the oracle, or just about anything else. But Gruden is always the smartest guy in the room and always makes some ridiculous reach and it always fails. Good thing there's only....*checks calendar*....six more years of this garbage.
                            There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the Raiders reaching for someone in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                              There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the Raiders reaching for someone in the first round.
                              I mean, at least it wasn't a kicker. So that's something.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Working...
                              X