Hpb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hpb

Aren't players supposed to make an effort to get out of the way anymore? Freaking bush league leaning into pitches has been happening a LOT the early part of the season.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

screw conforto and his elbow pad

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      Aren't players supposed to make an effort to get out of the way anymore? Freaking bush league leaning into pitches has been happening a LOT the early part of the season.
      Yup, though I agree with the color commentator that it's tough for the home plate umpire to see that. Inside breaking ball, guy rotates upper body but turns his leg in...oof, that's a tough call.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Yup, though I agree with the color commentator that it's tough for the home plate umpire to see that. Inside breaking ball, guy rotates upper body but turns his leg in...oof, that's a tough call.
        LA has done it quite a bit these first 7 games vs the Padres, they actually are 1 HBP being tied for the league lead--Chickenshit move. I'd bury one in the guys ribs next time through
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Craig Biggio made turning into pitches an art form. The modern guys are pretty weak about it.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            LA has done it quite a bit these first 7 games vs the Padres, they actually are 1 HBP being tied for the league lead--Chickenshit move. I'd bury one in the guys ribs next time through
            Musgrove did exactly what I suggested to Beaty, beaned him and got run afterward. 3rd AB fKn Beaty tried to step into a 3-0 pitch. Chickenshit.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

raley just leaned right into one. Such crap

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                raley just leaned right into one. Such crap
                This is the shit LA had been pulling all season vs the Padres at least--they now lead MLB with 19 HBP they're lucky it's close or they'd get hit again--

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                X