The Year of the Ouchie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Year of the Ouchie

It's amazing how many injuries are happening across baseball.

This, of course means, it will be the one year Buxton stays healthy.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

My MASH unit is overflowing. We added an extra IL slot because of COVID and I'm using it, too.

I shouldn't complain too loud, because I'm winning anyway, but still.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Always seems to happen but maybe getting worse. It has been exceptionally cold to be playing baseball in many parts of the country.

Comment

Bunch of pussies....
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

FFS I have 6 leagues. Players on the IL 7, 5, 5, 10, 9, 10. I'm STILL in 3rd, 2nd, 4th, 1st, 1st and 6th. I Guess I should be happy but man--it's frustrating when your backups of backups go on the IL too
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            FFS I have 6 leagues. Players on the IL 7, 5, 5, 10, 9, 10. I'm STILL in 3rd, 2nd, 4th, 1st, 1st and 6th. I Guess I should be happy but man--it's frustrating when your backups of backups go on the IL too
            Covid has made them weak and brittle?

Comment

I own 5 Dodgers - but all 5 of them are on the IL, alas

we have no bench - yet I have a full-man roster including farmhands

Last edited by Judge Jude; 05-17-2021, 03:03 PM.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Just the pitchers!

Team 1: Puk, Rosenthal, Aaron Sanchez, Marco Gonzalez, Alex Cobb, Tyler Clippard, Miles Mikolas

Team 2: Alec Mills, Strasburg, Kirby Yates, Cobb, Urquidy, Sanchez, Merryweather, Matt Bush, Rowan Wick, Tom Hatch, Steven Brault (and Luis Severino who doesn't count since I knew he was hurt)

Comment

In my NL only league I have 9 players on the IL

d'Arnaud, Kelly, Votto, Hayes, Strasburg, E Hernandez, Bradley, Morejon, Knebel (also have Hiura and Hilliard)

In my AL only league I have 12 players on the IL

Mondesi, Ramos, Greiner, Holt, Panik, Odorizzi, Urquidy, Dolis, Giles, Munoz, Bush, Puk (Giles and Munoz I drafted hurt so they don't really count)

In my mixed league I have 9 players on the IL

Springer, Yelich, d'Arnaud, Calhoun, Hicks, Cron, Gallen, Hicks, Widener, Ynoa (Have Voit who came back last week) Had Rosenthal but dropped him
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

And of course I have several shares of Ynoa

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      And of course I have several shares of Ynoa
                      As the resident Ynoa non-believer.... this is not how I wanted it to go.

--- image added because GITH can't do it
                      Last edited by Ken; 05-17-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Brutal timing for Ynoa...he had the Pirates as his bounce back start this week. I guess I'll have to put him on the Trade Block and see if one of the dumping teams will trade something useful for him.
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          Brutal timing for Ynoa...he had the Pirates as his bounce back start this week. I guess I'll have to put him on the Trade Block and see if one of the dumping teams will trade something useful for him.
                          I had him at $2 in one league got offered a deal today which I accepted, offering him my other leagues as well for immediate help (I hope to contend) I wish you the best.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

This is just insane. In the last week we have Stanton, Ynoa, Conforto, McNeil, Dozier, Hicks, Duffy, and probably plenty I have missed. I get that after a 60 game season, injuries would happen, but shouldn't that happen after 60 games? And tonight, in one game alone, the Mets might have lost both Walker and Pillar. And I am not even counting the injured guys who didn't go on the IL like Gregorius and Acuna.

Comment

Oh, yeah, and Trout tonight, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X