The Chauvin Verdict.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuckin' time zones...
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

jeezoo… I'm wearing out the reload pixels on my screen.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I was wrong--guilty on ALL charges.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yay!!!!!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Thank goodness

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              I was wrong--guilty on ALL charges.
              That was my prediction, but I am still a little surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                That was my prediction, but I am still a little surprised.
                I have never been happier to be wrong--now we wait to see how the pro LEO groups respond and if anything, he'll have to remain in jail through all his appeals.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  I have never been happier to be wrong--now we wait to see how the pro LEO groups respond and if anything, he'll have to remain in jail through all his appeals.
                  I thought you were never wrong .

Comment

Originally posted by sour masher View Post
                    i thought you were never wrong .
                    ymmv

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Smart jury, easy case...nine minutes and twenty nine seconds of a man being murdered right in front of your eyes. It was a slam dunk case well presented by the prosecution, and the defense really had no case to begin with. Chauvin looked the same all days in court and that probably didn't help him.

2 months from now the Judge gets to sentence him, and hopefully he'll to the verdicts consecutively.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        Smart jury, easy case...nine minutes and twenty nine seconds of a man being murdered right in front of your eyes. It was a slam dunk case well presented by the prosecution, and the defense really had no case to begin with. Chauvin looked the same all days in court and that probably didn't help him.

2 months from now the Judge gets to sentence him, and hopefully he'll to the verdicts consecutively.
                        Absolutely agree that it was a very straightforward case and glad the jury rejected the defense's ridiculous theories. It looks to me that some of the charges should be considered lesser included offenses, but I don't know the elements of the charges in Minnesota so maybe not. Derek Chauvin never interacted for one moment with George Floyd when Mr. Floyd was not handcuffed. He was long cuffed when Chauvin arrived, for god's sake. The guy just straight up executed him. I also can't help but wonder how many times the police have perpetrated something like this when the cameras were not rolling.
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Finally some accountability for the police. We still need a lot more. But, i guess this is a start.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Finally some accountability for the police. We still need a lot more. But, i guess this is a start.
                            It is a milestone that a LEO, even one caught on video, was held accountable for his crimes, but I worry that the focus here will be entirely on Chauvin as an outlier and not also on seeing this as a wake up call for more vetting, training, and a change in a culture that allows similar behavior, and leads to things like his fellow officers standing by as Chauvin slowly murdered Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                            X