Biggest Disappointments On Your Team So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Disappointments On Your Team So Far

Ok, who are the biggest disappointments on your team so far? The ones for whom you had such high hopes. The ones that have you unconvincingly telling yourself: “it’s early; this is just a small sample size” but not really buying it.

For me, Jeff McNeil tops the list, followed by Josh Bell.

Joc Pederson. My teams have a lot of slow starters, but I've seen Pederson a lot, and he looks terrible.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Josh Bell... Stephen Strasburg...

Then there was the idea of betting on WHIP which netted me guys like Kyle Hendricks, Marco Gonzalez, Kyle Davies

Comment

Gleyber Torres, Patrick Corbin

Comment

Excluding the many I have lost to injury and COVID, I also have several struggling players. I am not worried about Lindor, but I am slightly worried I may have been too high on Ian Happ and Andrew McCutchen. And I am completely mad at myself for trading for Patrick Corbin in the preseason.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Joc Pederson. My teams have a lot of slow starters, but I've seen Pederson a lot, and he looks terrible.
            This...he's spoiling a golden opportunity.

Comment

My entire offense, which includes the following corpses: Clint Frazier, Ozzie Albies, Fernando Tatis, Hunter Dozier, Ian Happ, Ryan Mountcastle, Amed Rosario, Jonathan Villar, Ryan Jeffers, Alejandro Kirk.

There goes the whole "he's been great in spring training" theory.

Comment

Trevor Story (zero HR, 1 SB and 2 CS...huh?)
                Cavan Biggio.
                Hunter Dozier (still patient with the thumb though).
                CJ Cron (where'd that spring training go?)_

Comment

The manager
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

This is my first time signing up for The Charlie Blackmon and A.J. Pollock Experiences.

not feeling it so far.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I think maybe we should give all of the rockies a pass? It is still cold as shit there, correct? Looking for anything to grab onto here....

Comment

NL only would be Happ and Pham.

AL only Sano, Gallo, McCullers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          NL only would be Happ and Pham.

AL only Sano, Gallo, McCullers.
                          McCullers? Really? One bad game when he's dealing with vaccine side effects and he's a disappointment?

Comment

NL only - Hiura apparently forgot how to hit. So did Yastrzemski.
                            I picked up Huascar Ynoa after his first start. Before he's activated he throws a gem against MIA (6IP, 1 ER, 10Ks, .67 whip), Then when he becomes active on my roster, he throws that dud against CHI. 4IP 6ER, 5Ks, 13.5 ERA and 2 whip. Anyway, this guy has fantastic stuff and I expect great outings from him in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by southcoast View Post
                              NL only - Hiura apparently forgot how to hit. So did Yastrzemski.
                              I picked up Huascar Ynoa after his first start. Before he's activated he throws a gem against MIA (6IP, 1 ER, 10Ks, .67 whip), Then when he becomes active on my roster, he throws that dud against CHI. 4IP 6ER, 5Ks, 13.5 ERA and 2 whip. Anyway, this guy has fantastic stuff and I expect great outings from him in the future.
                              I have high hopes for Ynoa as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X