Biggest Disappointments On Your Team So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Rendon could challenge Dozier for the spot at third based on ROI. Matt Chapman too, but Rendon is tops at 3b, I think.
    Yeah, you're probably right. His reward/cost production is very bad. Dozier cost a lot less. Funny that Eugenio Suarez, with his .159 BA, isn't even in the discussion.

Comment

Gotta admit I’d put a few pitchers in as worst disappointments before Keuchel. He’s been a little worse than I thought, but Kyle Hendricks for the Cubs has been a lot more disappointing, IMO
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Gotta admit I’d put a few pitchers in as worst disappointments before Keuchel. He’s been a little worse than I thought, but Kyle Hendricks for the Cubs has been a lot more disappointing, IMO
        Hendricks is at least showing signs of turning it around. Keuchel is doing absolutely nothing and his K% has sunk to a 1982-ish 4.5 K/9, which is abysmal, even by his standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Huascar Ynoa COME ON DOWN!!
          Now out to mid-August.

Comment

Rendon could challenge Dozier for the spot at third based on ROI. Matt Chapman too, but Rendon is tops at 3b, I think.
            Yeesh, Rendon sitting at .232/.306/.342 with 3 HRs through 175 PAs.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Yeesh, Rendon sitting at .232/.306/.342 with 3 HRs through 175 PAs.
              His owner is a seller, but wants a top prospect for him. I'm not sure if I should buy low or use my prospects for other acquisitions. He has to turn it around in a big way, soon, right? He can't have gone from so good to this bad this fast, right?

Comment

His owner is a seller, but wants a top prospect for him. I'm not sure if I should buy low or use my prospects for other acquisitions. He has to turn it around in a big way, soon, right? He can't have gone from so good to this bad this fast, right?
                I have a close friend who wants to get LeMahieu from a dumper, and he's saying/asking the exact same thing. My answer would be about the same - it's likely there's a lot of upside, but it's not unheard of for a player to start significant decline in their early 30s, either. I guess I wouldn't give up a top hitting prospect who's close - say. like a Adley Rutschmann, but probably would for one who's a tier down from that or farther away from the bigs.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I have a close friend who wants to get LeMahieu from a dumper, and he's saying/asking the exact same thing. My answer would be about the same - it's likely there's a lot of upside, but it's not unheard of for a player to start significant decline in their early 30s, either. I guess I wouldn't give up a top hitting prospect who's close - say. like a Adley Rutschmann, but probably would for one who's a tier down from that or farther away from the bigs.
                  He wants Nolan Gorman, which I think would be a good deal for me in most leagues, but we have very generous minor league rules. We can keep a guy down until 200 ABs, they are free the first year, and can be kept for $5 for two more years after that before extensions are due. We also keep 20 minor leaguers, so pretty much every young player comes up through the minors. So minor leaguers have more value in our league. I think I can get Yelich for Gorman eventually.
                  Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-10-2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Yup, agree 100%. I’d deal for these types, but no way would I give up an elite prospect for them. After 1/3rd of the season in the books, expectations need to be adjusted. Too many unknowns (hidden injuries, hidden after-effects from covid, etc.).

Comment

• Arenado's inability to hit Zack Davies is pretty damn disappointing... 5/23 1 for 4, 6/13 0 for 4, 7/10 0 for 5.
                      Plus his 5 HRs and 239 ave for the entire month of June was brutal...

Rant over...

Comment

• Yelich. He was a top 4 keeper for me. I didn't realize how bad he was until I traded for Gallo/Tapia and had to figure out who to bench.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Yeah, the buying market was thin, so I paid up big for him from a seller, giving Groshans and Hancock. It was dumb. He has not been worth it. His power is gone. his hard hit rate sucks. I'm hoping the AS break recharges him and maybe he finds something in the second half.

Comment

• Yoan Moncada.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I have my second round pick RENDON battling it out with SUAREZ
                              but then I saw Hunter Doziers stats - wow just awful

Comment

• I went with a bunch of young batters this season in my 16tm redraft. Besides Tatis, they were:

- Happ - disaster
                                - Frazier - disaster
                                - Carlson - serviceable
                                - Solak - disaster
                                - Mountcastle - solid
                                - Jeffers - disaster
                                - Kirk - disaster
                                - Varsho - disaster, but now rebounding

Comment

Working...
                                X