Biggest Disappointments On Your Team So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Hiura's been a disaster and some fantasy pundits predicted he'd be in the minors this season. Strange considering he had a can't miss bat as a prospect.
    He seems to have really changed his approach since coming up. He is going for more power and it worked well at first. It isn't working well now. He was seen as a high average hit machine coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      He seems to have really changed his approach since coming up. He is going for more power and it worked well at first. It isn't working well now. He was seen as a high average hit machine coming up.
      From the start of the 2020 season, he's hitting .197/.291/.379. I can't see Milwaukee continuing with him if he's under .200 by the end of May. Bad defense and no bat? That's not a good mix.

Comment

I have to say that Trout is getting closer each day to getting on this list. I live in So Cal and watch every Angels game. 19 K in 14 games? What is odd to me is that he is still laying off bad pitches, and swinging at strikes....and missing them. I have never seen him swing and miss so many pitches before.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
          I have to say that Trout is getting closer each day to getting on this list. I live in So Cal and watch every Angels game. 19 K in 14 games? What is odd to me is that he is still laying off bad pitches, and swinging at strikes....and missing them. I have never seen him swing and miss so many pitches before.
          This is a joke, right? He's currently 5th in MLB in wRC+ with a ridiculously unsustainable 225. His OPS is 1.160.

As for mine, Albies (although he's been unlucky more than anything), Conforto, Aaron Hicks, Hunter Dozier, and all the speculative guys I thought might get saves, but don't.

Comment

Patrick Corbin showing signs he ain't completely useless! Go Corbin, go! I offered him around to my league for pretty much free, but had no takers. Maybe I can find one now .

Comment

Gotta love when you start a guy and he nukes your ratios for two games, you finally bench him, and then he tosses six scoreless. Damnit!
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I’ll play - my nominations are Adalberto Mondesi and George Springer. Guys haven’t gotten a single hit yet, let alone any HRs or SBs!! But seriously there’s a lot of draft capital tied up in those two, and the news on Mondesi seems to get more ominous every few days... hopefully Springer can help starting this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                  Gotta love when you start a guy and he nukes your ratios for two games, you finally bench him, and then he tosses six scoreless. Damnit!
                  I'm in a similar situation with Luzardo on my bench today. I figured the Twins would have their way with him for sure. It turned out to be just the opposite.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    ehhh, feels like your expectations for a rookie who was a fringe prospect at best were out of line if you didn't foresee several bumps in the road. He may turn out, but the CHI line seems much more likely than the MIA line.
                    Bite your tongue!

Originally posted by southcoast View Post

Also, stick around and keep posting your thoughts; it makes this board a better place...
                    But this too...
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

NL-only disappointments:

Pete Alonso (to be fair, the Mets have had a lot of postponements...plus their trip to Coors came too early in the season)
                      CJ Cron
                      Eugenio Suarez
                      Max Fried
                      Anthony Bass

Honorable mention to Blake Snell
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

So how many of these should become buy low attempts?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          The ones who are going to bounce back obviously

If you are going to buy low, may as well start at the top. All four of the top four hitters drafted in 2021 didn't play yesterday. Of the first rounders, Tatis (not for the faint of heart) and Story in particular are targets imo. Who else in the top 20? Yelich, Lindor, Mondesi stick out as big targets to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            Three.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              The ones who are going to bounce back obviously

If you are going to buy low, may as well start at the top. All four of the top four hitters drafted in 2021 didn't play yesterday. Of the first rounders, Tatis (not for the faint of heart) and Story in particular are targets imo. Who else in the top 20? Yelich, Lindor, Mondesi stick out as big targets to me.
                              Tatis makes sense, but I doubt you get to buy low there. Or Soto. And no chance anyone sells low on the guy with the best stats this year despite missing this time (without an IL trip).

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                                Tatis makes sense, but I doubt you get to buy low there. Or Soto. And no chance anyone sells low on the guy with the best stats this year despite missing this time (without an IL trip).
                                I really noted tatis and story

Comment

Working...
                                X