Biggest Disappointments On Your Team So Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southcoast View Post
    I picked up Huascar Ynoa after his first start. Before he's activated he throws a gem against MIA (6IP, 1 ER, 10Ks, .67 whip), Then when he becomes active on my roster, he throws that dud against CHI. 4IP 6ER, 5Ks, 13.5 ERA and 2 whip. Anyway, this guy has fantastic stuff and I expect great outings from him in the future.
    ehhh, feels like your expectations for a rookie who was a fringe prospect at best were out of line if you didn't foresee several bumps in the road. He may turn out, but the CHI line seems much more likely than the MIA line.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      McCullers? Really? One bad game when he's dealing with vaccine side effects and he's a disappointment?
      Yep, I am always disappointed if my Ace is carrying a 5.27 ERA. He is also questionable for tomorrows start also disappointing.

I expect all of my "disappointing so far" players to right the ship. These are core players and not endgame picks. For now they are disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Yep, I am always disappointed if my Ace is carrying a 5.27 ERA. He is also questionable for tomorrows start also disappointing.

I expect all of my "disappointing so far" players to right the ship. These are core players and not endgame picks. For now they are disappointing.
        Weird take. You're basically just saying that small samples sizes are small so single game outings have a bigger impact. That has no meaning to me, I don't even look at it. I'm fine with my ace having a 5.27 ERA as long as he looks fine, which he does. I'd be much more concerned about players who are actually performing poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          I think maybe we should give all of the rockies a pass? It is still cold as shit there, correct? Looking for anything to grab onto here....
          A buddy of mine who lives out there has said all they need to do is unplug the humidor.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

15 team mixed, my places in the standings are:
            BA: 15
            HR: 12
            R: 14
            RBI: 14
            SB: 9!

ERA:13
            K: 14
            S: 9!
            W: 12
            WHIP: 14

So like Gith, I guess I'm most disapointed in myself?

Or, everyone on my team except Omar Navarz and Tyler Mahel?
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Weird take. You're basically just saying that small samples sizes are small so single game outings have a bigger impact. That has no meaning to me, I don't even look at it. I'm fine with my ace having a 5.27 ERA as long as he looks fine, which he does. I'd be much more concerned about players who are actually performing poorly.
              No sir, I am answering the question for My Biggest disappointments so far. This early in the season would be small sample sizes. I am fairly certain and hopeful that my answers will be different next month, at the midway point, and again at the end of the year.

I am guessing by your comment you have no disappointing core players this year as they all are small sample sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                No sir, I am answering the question for My Biggest disappointments so far. This early in the season would be small sample sizes. I am fairly certain and hopeful that my answers will be different next month, at the midway point, and again at the end of the year.

I am guessing by your comment you have no disappointing core players this year as they all are small sample sizes.
                No, not at all. It's not that simple either, different stats will stabilize at different rates, there's lots of data in it and I've read several good articles covering the topic. K rate for hitters becomes relatively stable very quickly in fact - it crosses the .49 alpha threshold after only ~50 AB, which is why Revo's post about a couple of those was interesting. (Note, K%, BB% and HR% stabalize quickest, and it's no surprise since they don't rely on the variable of the defense)

It's just odd to me that you put so much weight into literally one start where we know exactly why he struggled. It's fine though! If you wanna be disappointed no one is stopping ya

Comment

No, not at all. It's not that simple either, different stats will stabilize at different rates, there's lots of data in it and I've read several good articles covering the topic. K rate for hitters becomes relatively stable very quickly in fact - it crosses the .49 alpha threshold after only ~50 AB, which is why Revo's post about a couple of those was interesting. (Note, K%, BB% and HR% stabalize quickest, and it's no surprise since they don't rely on the variable of the defense)

It's just odd to me that you put so much weight into literally one start where we know exactly why he struggled. It's fine though! If you wanna be disappointed no one is stopping ya
                  Let's just say I did not cheer at the morning box score.

Comment

I am pretty sure the Giolito owner is Most Disappointed so far on the very small sample size of 1 inning.

He probably will get better...right. Probably not in his head like his younger days. Yeah, he will be ok...hmm...should we trade for him? Maybe wait just incase. What if it happens again?!

Comment

Dude, this was a fun venting thread, you don’t need to poop on its entire premise.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Gleyber Torres and Michael Conforto.
                        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          Dude, this was a fun venting thread, you don’t need to poop on its entire premise.
                          "Dude", I'm not pooping on anything, it's fun talking baseball stats, no?

Isn't discussing which trends are sustainable vs those that are short term something that's interesting on a fantasy baseball site???

You know what, nevermind, I'm done offending people for pointing out when I disagree on a statistical analysis level. Apparently that's taboo here. You guys have fun
                          Last edited by Ken; 04-19-2021, 06:12 PM.

Comment

"Dude", I'm not pooping on anything, it's fun talking baseball stats, no?

Isn't discussing which trends are sustainable vs those that are short term something that's interesting on a fantasy baseball site???
                            I suppose Hiura's 20 SOs in 45 ABs and Yastrzemski's 22 SOs in 57 ABs are sustainable trends? Surely they are both better hitters than what they have shown so far. I can only hope they can somehow buck that trend... Otherwise, it's gonna be a long season for my NL only team.

Also, stick around and keep posting your thoughts; it makes this board a better place...

Comment

Also, stick around and keep posting your thoughts; it makes this board a better place...
                              Agreed!

Glad to start a fun / useful thread. Yes some of this is venting, some of it is potentially actionable analysis of early starts. Not always easy to tell where that dividing line is!

Comment

I suppose Hiura's 20 SOs in 45 ABs and Yastrzemski's 22 SOs in 57 ABs are sustainable trends? Surely they are both better hitters than what they have shown so far. I can only hope they can somehow buck that trend... Otherwise, it's gonna be a long season for my NL only team.

Hiura's been a disaster and some fantasy pundits predicted he'd be in the minors this season. Strange considering he had a can't miss bat as a prospect.

Comment

Working...
                                X