Renegades
    Riders
    Rising
    Royals
    Rubies
    Swifts
    Warriors
    Washington DC Football Club (DCFC)
    Washington Capital City Football Club (CCFC)
    Wayfarers
    Wild Hogs
    32FC (W32)
    Football Team

If they go with a soccer style name or a non-plural, please just eliminate them altogether, thanks.

Comment

anything is better than what they have.

I like Guardians myself

Comment

"Pigskins" isn't going to be chosen, but it gets talked about a lot.

has football and the Hogs vibe to it.

their USFL team was the Federals iirc
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I think Bacon is stupid name for a footba...oh wait that is Beacons...that is worse.

I probably go with The Washington Redwolves. A bit of a throw back name with a dash of homage to their past while still recognizing the need to change.

Merchandise could be pretty cool for youngsters and avid fans alike.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I think Bacon is stupid name for a footba...oh wait that is Beacons...that is worse.

I probably go with The Washington Redwolves. A bit of a throw back name with a dash of homage to their past while still recognizing the need to change.

I'd vote for Bacons actually.

Everyone loves bacon.

Comment

WTF is a demon cat

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                WTF is a demon cat
                El Diablo Gato?

Comment

Rubies? How bout Rubes?

WTF does 32FC even mean?

Wayfarers? Would the logo be Tom Cruise in Risky Business?

Of this list, I guess I like Majors, Warriors and Redtails best.

Comment

That is a pretty awful list but I'd pick one of the "Reds" to keep connection with the original name and colors.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

The red wolf (Canis lupus rufus[6][7] or Canis rufus[8][2][5]) is a canine native to the southeastern United States which has a reddish-tawny color to its fur. Morphologically it is intermediate between the coyote (Canis latrans) and gray wolf (Canis lupus), and is very closely related to the eastern wolf (Canis lupus lycaon) of eastern Canada.

Comment

I honestly love Football Team. It's so dumb and it makes me love it even more. My only complaint was that announcers weren't using it enough in their announcing.

AND FOOTBALL TEAM GOES IN FOR THE TOUCHDOWN! INTERCEPTION FOOTBALL TEAM! WOW, THAT FOOTBALL TEAM HAS REALLY RISEN TO THE CHALLENGE TODAY.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          I honestly love Football Team. It's so dumb and it makes me love it even more. My only complaint was that announcers weren't using it enough in their announcing.

AND FOOTBALL TEAM GOES IN FOR THE TOUCHDOWN! INTERCEPTION FOOTBALL TEAM! WOW, THAT FOOTBALL TEAM HAS REALLY RISEN TO THE CHALLENGE TODAY.
                          Football team falls on the football. They are really playing high quality football today as a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Football team falls on the football. They are really playing high quality football today as a team.
                            So many possibilities. I think announcers did the Football Team an injustice by continuing to refer to them as Washington.

Comment

Washington Elephants
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                              X