Is Julian Edelman a HOFer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Julian Edelman a HOFer?

This question is circulating on social media, and while Edelman had a great career and some big moments in the playoffs, thinking he's a HOFer is laughable given the eligible WRs with huge numbers who have not been inducted.

Edelman's career 6,822 receiving yards places him 156th all-time, behind such "slam dunk HOFers" like Nate Washington, Jeremy Maclin & Golden Tate.

He never started all 16 games in a single season, and only was a starting WR in 6 healthy seasons. He had 1,000+ receiving yards in only 3 seasons.

He is 2nd among WRs in post-season yards, but that's more because of the pure amount of postseason games the Pats were in than anything else.

Eligible WRs who are not yet in the Hall who's stats far outweigh Edelman include Reggie Wayne, Torry Holt, Henry Ellard, Cliff Branch, Jimmy Smith, Hines Ward, Stanley Morgan, etc. The PFR black type HOF monitor gives Edelman a score of 38.2, with the average HOF WR having a score of 104.

It's just not even close. Great career, good guy, not a HOFer.

Yup. If Wayne and Holt aren’t in, Edelman shouldn’t even sniff a chance at the Hall.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

He's definitely a Patriot's HOFer.

Pro Football HOF? Nah.

Comment

Nope.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

No way...HOF personality, but if he played for Jacksonville, his name would have never come into consideration.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
          X