Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 (+ 6) Roto Prospects ("Belated Opening Day" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts about moving Shane Baz up with the improvement in control and move up to AAA already this year?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Thoughts about moving Shane Baz up with the improvement in control and move up to AAA already this year?
      I've noted his performance. Gonna wait a while before moving him up significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
        I've noted his performance. Gonna wait a while before moving him up significantly.
        Thanks for the quick answer!
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I didnt bother to look this up but my understanding is that they're limiting pitchers to 3 pickoff throws. On the 3rd throw, if you dont pick him off, he is awarded the next base. I dont know whether it's 3 attempts per batter or 3 per baserunner per base and I dont know which minor league levels this rule is being used in.
          wow if this is true this has major implications ... yes I would think SBs would go way up
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I didnt bother to look this up but my understanding is that they're limiting pitchers to 3 pickoff throws. On the 3rd throw, if you dont pick him off, he is awarded the next base. I dont know whether it's 3 attempts per batter or 3 per baserunner per base and I dont know which minor league levels this rule is being used in.
            Does the runner get credit for a SB in that event? I guess the advancement has to be accounted for somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
              Does the runner get credit for a SB in that event? I guess the advancement has to be accounted for somehow.
              I dont remember, but maybe it's a balk?

Comment

RHD - So great to see this list again. In my NL Only minor league draft these are the top 20 based on a mix of Rotowire/FanTrax/Prospects Live - Could you help with some thoughts and if anything has changed with a couple months of minor league play.

Would appreciate input from everyone/anyone in the pen. Sorry for late notice draft is this morning 6//27

Cade Cavalli
                Michael Harris
                Christian Hernandez
                Roasnsy Contreras Pitt
                Wilman Diaz LAD (didn't see him anywhere on your list)
                Peyton Burdick
                Diego Cartaya LAD
                Andy Pages
                Quinn Priester
                Bobby Miller
                Alec Burleson St. L
                Miguel Vargas LAD
                Rece Hinds
                Matt Allan (probably shying away with Injury)
                Aaron Ashy Milw
                Brice Turang (never high on him - seems like a punch and judy with a ton of speed)
                Ivan Herrera St. L
                Aaron Shunk Col
                Brenton Doyle Col
                Kyle Harrison SF
                Widred patino AZ
                Tyler Callihan Cin
                Jake Eder Mia
                Slade Cecconi AZ
                Jefferson Espinal AZ

Comment

Cade Cavalli stands out to me. If he keeps this up, he will be a top 10 pitching prospect by the end of the year, or maybe even by the midseason lists.

Comment

Originally posted by rotogod View Post
                    RHD - So great to see this list again. In my NL Only minor league draft these are the top 20 based on a mix of Rotowire/FanTrax/Prospects Live - Could you help with some thoughts and if anything has changed with a couple months of minor league play.

Would appreciate input from everyone/anyone in the pen. Sorry for late notice draft is this morning 6//27

Cade Cavalli
                    Michael Harris
                    Christian Hernandez
                    Roasnsy Contreras Pitt
                    Wilman Diaz LAD (didn't see him anywhere on your list)
                    Peyton Burdick
                    Diego Cartaya LAD
                    Andy Pages
                    Quinn Priester
                    Bobby Miller
                    Alec Burleson St. L
                    Miguel Vargas LAD
                    Rece Hinds
                    Matt Allan (probably shying away with Injury)
                    Aaron Ashy Milw
                    Brice Turang (never high on him - seems like a punch and judy with a ton of speed)
                    Ivan Herrera St. L
                    Aaron Shunk Col
                    Brenton Doyle Col
                    Kyle Harrison SF
                    Widred patino AZ
                    Tyler Callihan Cin
                    Jake Eder Mia
                    Slade Cecconi AZ
                    Jefferson Espinal AZ
                    Of these, Cavalli, Harris, Hernandez, Contreras, Pages, Priester, Miller, Vargas, Turang, and Harrison are currently on my Top 150, w Cavalli being the highest at #66. The rest are all farther down w Eder being the closest at #155. Diaz hasnt played yet, is very young and I dont know much about him. Yeah, Allan is out w a major arm injury and I knocked him down pretty far because of that. Turang maybe doesnt project to be a star but at this point I see him as a solid MLB regular.

Good luck w your draft!

Comment

Michael Harris - Stud

Comment

Thanks for the help guys!

Prospects I took are in BOLD

Cavalli went #1, Harris #2, Diaz #3 and Christian Hernandez #4.

Bobby Miller
                        Rece Hinds
                        Brenton Doyle
                        Andy Pages
                        Roansy Contreras
                        Quinn Priester
                        Diego Cartaya
                        Miguel Vargas
                        Peyton Burdick

Harrison went #16 & Turang #18 & Eder #29

Looking out for Alec Burleson of St Louis

Thanks for the help

Comment

How much is Anthony Volpe rising? I may be about to deal him and I want to know what I am giving up. To me, he seems like a top 50 prospect at this point, but am I overvaluing him? He took last year off, and was banged up in 2019, so this is the first time he has really had a chance, and he looks really great. Would he rank above or below someone like Baty at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            How much is Anthony Volpe rising? I may be about to deal him and I want to know what I am giving up. To me, he seems like a top 50 prospect at this point, but am I overvaluing him? He took last year off, and was banged up in 2019, so this is the first time he has really had a chance, and he looks really great. Would he rank above or below someone like Baty at this point?
                            Rotowire has him at 150...having a nice season though.
                            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                              Rotowire has him at 150...having a nice season though.
                              Window closed...the guy gave Whit Merrifield to someone else for what I consider a worse return, but ah well. I should have acted faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Volpe has been fantastic and has rocketed up my list (Currently #62). Hasnt appeared yet on any of the major sites' lists but BA mentioned that he's a candidate to crack their top 100 by year's end. Baty is on the mid-season list for 3 major sites. On my list he's still at "only" #87. Volpe's higher mainly because of his SB potential. He has 19 SB in only 171 AB, altho BA says his speed is merely "above average". Also has 9 HR, so looks like a good power-speed combo guy. BA's pre-season scouting rpt said he needed to get stronger to impact the ball more but the stats make it look like he did just that.

Volpe was one of maybe 3 main guys that rocketed onto my list from much farther down since I posted it 2 1/2 months ago.
                                Last edited by rhd; 06-29-2021, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X