Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 (+ 6) Roto Prospects ("Belated Opening Day" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
    Thanks rhd! Thoughts on Kody Hoese? Jarren Duran?
    Hello, Sharky. Good to hear from you.

Hoese is in the top 150 now (#119). BA's scouting report is a bit puzzling. They say he's a well-rounded who covers the plate well and has 20+ HR potential. It sounds like they're describing a solid regular corner OFer. But at the end they say that he is a future standout at his best. I'm thinking of him as sort of a medium upside/medium risk player.

Duran is kind of a "pop-up" prospect who who wasnt super-highly regarded coming out of the draft but has excelled in his minor league performance. His place on the list is because of his SB potential and his closeness to MLB. He was projected by many to be the RedSox' opening day CFer but they evidently decided he wasnt quite ready. But he's expected to be a MLB starter soon. BA says he has plus-plus speed, below avg power and even tho he's a lifetime .322 minor league hitter they rate his hit tool as only slightly above average.

Comment

I haven't quite clinched the No. 1 pick in our July 15 one-round farm draft - but I'm off to a great start thanks to my team's awful start!

currently also tracking for a 5th-6th-7th pick for that draft.
      adding to the stable of SSs Luciano and McLain; 3B Baty; OFs Carroll, HRamos, JOrtiz (who I'll cut in July) and P Marquez CHI

sure, I'd listen if Baby Leiter called (after getting picked by an NL team; also need that with McLain)!
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

sure, I'd listen if Baby Leiter called (after getting picked by an NL team; also need that with McLain)!
        I've learned the hard way to never underestimate the power of bloodlines in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          I haven't quite clinched the No. 1 pick in our July 15 one-round farm draft - but I'm off to a great start thanks to my team's awful start!

currently also tracking for a 5th-6th-7th pick for that draft.
          adding to the stable of SSs Luciano and McLain; 3B Baty; OFs Carroll, HRamos, JOrtiz (who I'll cut in July) and P Marquez CHI

After I posted the list, I began receiving reports that the #1 hitter in the draft is Jordan Lawlor. He might even go #1 overall, altho at this point probably this will still be 1 of the Vandy pitchers. He's "just" a HSer but I currently have him above both pitchers on my list. I wish I had known that before myself, as I also selected McLain in one of my drafts. No knock on McLain BTW, just that rt now Lawlor apparently is viewed as the better prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I've learned the hard way to never underestimate the power of bloodlines in baseball.
            in our first farm draft, my SECOND round pick was Barry Lamar Bonds

(I probably shouldn't admit here that my 1st-rounder was a bust)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

The Marlins look like they are taking an aggressive approach to Max Meyer, starting him in AA. In his pro debut, he threw 4 innings of no-hit ball and finished allowing just one hit and one walk in five scoreless innings with 5 K. While I didnt see it, everyone is gushing over this kid's slider/fastball mix and many are saying he is close to major-league ready as far as stuff.

Check it out:

Exciting times for the Miami system for sure.

Comment

Good stuff. Thanks for posting it.

Unfortunately for me he was picked by another owner in the $10 round of our reserve draft. We cannot trade for minor leaguers until after the All Star break.

Comment

RHD, what are your thoughts on Alek Manoah? I dealt him in the offseason, but I regret it. I'm reading he has taken it to another level in camp last year and his first start this year was lights out. He looks like he could be the next big arm to emerge. I can see a Nate Pearson type rise in the rankings and he looks to be a fast mover. I was surprised he did not make your list.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    RHD, what are your thoughts on Alek Manoah? I dealt him in the offseason, but I regret it. I'm reading he has taken it to another level in camp last year and his first start this year was lights out. He looks like he could be the next big arm to emerge. I can see a Nate Pearson type rise in the rankings and he looks to be a fast mover. I was surprised he did not make your list.
                    Thanx for the response, SM.

Manoah is on the list now (#131). Maybe I should have had him on before but the problem w a Top 150 list is that only 150 players can fit on it . BA's report says that he projects as a possible mid-rotation guy. FB sits at 93-96 and can touch 98. Has a plus slider but his changeup needs work. Could be in MLB sometime this year.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Thanx for the response, SM.

Manoah is on the list now (#131). Maybe I should have had him on before but the problem w a Top 150 list is that only 150 players can fit on it . BA's report says that he projects as a possible mid-rotation guy. FB sits at 93-96 and can touch 98. Has a plus slider but his changeup needs work. Could be in MLB sometime this year.
                      Yeah, some places are very high on him. I think it was the rotowire guy I saw on a podcast who had him as a top 20 prospect already. He was an outlier, but he was gushing. That Blue Jays rotation could look pretty could in a year or two with Pearson and Manoah in it.

Comment

RHD, thoughts on Gore? Is it time to lower our expectation of Gore considering his control issues?

Comment

Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                          RHD, thoughts on Gore? Is it time to lower our expectation of Gore considering his control issues?
                          Thanx for the response, whalewang.

IMHO, not at all. No reason to alter expectations for him on the basis of a very small sample size. His control in the minors overall has been above average so far. Unless there's some underlying health issue contributing to his control difficulties this year, it's way too early to panic.

Comment

tough news for the son of the "hot Mom" in the Little Big League movie:

05.18... Mets prospect outfielder Pete Crow-Armstrong will require surgery on his right (non-throwing) shoulder.
                            Spin: Crow-Armstrong, the Mets' 2020 first-rounder, has a torn labrum and as well as an injury to articular cartilage. No word yet on the timetable for his return, but it's a brutal blow in what was expected to be his first full season. The 19-year-old was hitting .417/.563/.500 with two doubles and two steals through his first six games with Class A St. Lucie this season.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Interested in learning more about Aaron Bracho - close to the bigs (for his age)? Riser? Faller? Unknown commodity?
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                Interested in learning more about Aaron Bracho - close to the bigs (for his age)? Riser? Faller? Unknown commodity?
                                Thanx for the response, Bene Futuis.

Despite the American-sounding name, Bracho is from Venezuela. BA's report on him says he has an advanced approach, could hit for average power and projects as an offensive 2Bman. He's also displayed very good plate discipline. He's not an unknown commodity, as he appears on many dynasty prospect lists. He's in Hi-A this year so he's a little young for for the league at 20 y/o. He would seem to project as a solid regular rather than as a star. He's probably about 2 years away from MLB.

Comment

Working...
                                X