Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 (+ 6) Roto Prospects ("Belated Opening Day" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rhd, any updated thoughts on Peyton Burdick and Brennen Davis? Does the Davis injury change anything? And I’ve been hearing rumors that Burdick has great power but also he’s struggling to hit. Any updates would be fun and helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Rhd, any updated thoughts on Peyton Burdick and Brennen Davis? Does the Davis injury change anything? And I’ve been hearing rumors that Burdick has great power but also he’s struggling to hit. Any updates would be fun and helpful.
      Burdick has gotten off to a solid start to his season, but he is a little old for his league. I see that Davis just returned to playing this weekend and had a good start. I havent changed where I ranked either player.

Comment

I will be surprised, at this point, if Noelvi Marte and Nolan Gorman are not consensus top 25 prospects on the midseason lists. I traded Marte recently in a package to get Kevin Gausman. I had to give him to get Gausman, but I sure do miss him. I still have Gorman, who is older and I suspect will rank lower than Marte, but he seems like a top 25 lock too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I will be surprised, at this point, if Noelvi Marte and Nolan Gorman are not consensus top 25 prospects on the midseason lists. I traded Marte recently in a package to get Kevin Gausman. I had to give him to get Gausman, but I sure do miss him. I still have Gorman, who is older and I suspect will rank lower than Marte, but he seems like a top 25 lock too.
          Marte already is #19 on BA's latest list. Gorman is #46. Currently, Gorman is #25 on list and Marte is #34.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Looks at the pitchers in the 90-105 range. I think you could make a pretty darn good rotation just in that range.
            I'd have gone 106, Jackson Kowar, but that's me.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

06.14... Rockies OF prospect Zac Veen (on Mo'Town Hits as min at 5 S2) stole two bases while going 2-for-3 with a triple on Sunday for Low-A Fresno.
              Spin: He also drew a walk. Veen's pair of thefts already put him at 20 on the season, and that has come in just 34 games in his first professional season. Drafted with the ninth pick in last year's draft, Veen is still hitting just .227 in that timeframe and hasn't homered, but he's gotten on base at a .375 clip, and the 19-year-old has plus power potential that he'll start tapping into. When you combine his skillset with the fact that he's (likely) going to play his home games in Colorado, you get one of the best fantasy outfield prospects in the sport.

he went 4th in our farm draft in April, out of - (my) Luciano, Gore, Meyer, Veen, Bart, Mitchell, (my) Carroll as our top 7
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                06.14... Rockies OF prospect Zac Veen (on Mo'Town Hits as min at 5 S2) stole two bases while going 2-for-3 with a triple on Sunday for Low-A Fresno.
                Spin: He also drew a walk. Veen's pair of thefts already put him at 20 on the season, and that has come in just 34 games in his first professional season. Drafted with the ninth pick in last year's draft, Veen is still hitting just .227 in that timeframe and hasn't homered, but he's gotten on base at a .375 clip, and the 19-year-old has plus power potential that he'll start tapping into. When you combine his skillset with the fact that he's (likely) going to play his home games in Colorado, you get one of the best fantasy outfield prospects in the sport.

he went 4th in our farm draft in April, out of - (my) Luciano, Gore, Meyer, Veen, Bart, Mitchell, (my) Carroll as our top 7
                I've noticed his SBs, too. But his prospect stock is dropping. Both BA and FG have dropped him in their latest updates, w him falling completely off BA's list. Re: my list, he's exactly where he was when I posted the list. I'm still intrigued about the SBs for roto, as long as he's able to hit well enough to stay in a MLB lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  I've noticed his SBs, too. But his prospect stock is dropping. Both BA and FG have dropped him in their latest updates, w him falling completely off BA's list. Re: my list, he's exactly where he was when I posted the list. I'm still intrigued about the SBs for roto, as long as he's able to hit well enough to stay in a MLB lineup.
                  Seems way, way too early for his stick to be dropping.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    Seems way, way too early for his stick to be dropping.
                    I do not know if this was on purpose, but I got a good laugh out of it. I agree. He is too young for little blue pills.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      I do not know if this was on purpose, but I got a good laugh out of it. I agree. He is too young for little blue pills.
                      Aww, I wish I could take credit for it but the i and the o are beside each other on the keyboard.

Comment

That was well done. If Harmon’s advice lasts longer than a couple hours, call your physician!

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

I've heard that low-A is experimenting with some kind of rule change that is drastically increasing the SB totals, so I'm taking SB totals at that level with some skepticism.

I heard it mentioned on a podcast, but I don't have the exact details.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Man, the Marlins 2020 draft has some heists. 4th round SP Jake Eder is dominating AA as a 22 yr old. I also love this 18 yr old 6'8 monster SP, Eury Perez in low A, I think an international signing. I love playing in Dynasty leagues now and snatching these pop-up guys.

My biggest disappointment has been Puason, close to 50% k rate, although better recently. I own multiple shares of him. But I feel like many Cuban exports look overmatched when they first debut stateside, so I'm hoping he shows some progression once getting better acclimated, and isn't a total bust.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              I've heard that low-A is experimenting with some kind of rule change that is drastically increasing the SB totals, so I'm taking SB totals at that level with some skepticism.

I heard it mentioned on a podcast, but I don't have the exact details.
                              I didnt bother to look this up but my understanding is that they're limiting pitchers to 3 pickoff throws. On the 3rd throw, if you dont pick him off, he is awarded the next base. I dont know whether it's 3 attempts per batter or 3 per baserunner per base and I dont know which minor league levels this rule is being used in.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                Man, the Marlins 2020 draft has some heists. 4th round SP Jake Eder is dominating AA as a 22 yr old. I also love this 18 yr old 6'8 monster SP, Eury Perez in low A, I think an international signing. I love playing in Dynasty leagues now and snatching these pop-up guys.

My biggest disappointment has been Puason, close to 50% k rate, although better recently. I own multiple shares of him. But I feel like many Cuban exports look overmatched when they first debut stateside, so I'm hoping he shows some progression once getting better acclimated, and isn't a total bust.
                                Perez was just added to the list! Eder is farther down.

Yeah, Puason's K rate is sky high. Cant have sustained success w it that high, but he's still very young and just getting his first taste of pro ball at age 18. So no need to panic and he'll remain on my list for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X