Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 (+ 6) Roto Prospects ("Belated Opening Day" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Volpe was one of maybe 3 main guys that rocketed onto my list from much farther down since I posted it 2 1/2 months ago.
    Is another Jarren Duran?

Psyched to see his progress in AAA. Seems to have a lot of helium.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Is another Jarren Duran?

Psyched to see his progress in AAA. Seems to have a lot of helium.
      Thanx, as always, for the response, Sharky.

Duran was already on the list, but he has moved up a lot (from #86 to #33). What I was referring to were players that werent on the list that I posted in April but have zoomed onto the list from farther down my complete list (about 1000 players long). Two of the guys are Gunnar Henderson of the O's and Joseph Gray of the Brewers, who are starting to get a lot of hype. Also, Marcelo Mayer wasnt on the list either but might be the #1 overall player taken in the draft less than 2 weeks away. He's one of several amateur players now featured prominently on the list. BTW, I'll be posting a new list around the AS break, maybe just before the draft.
      Last edited by rhd; 07-02-2021, 07:50 AM.

Comment

rhd - curious if you get to see many minor league games in person and/or on milb.tv?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          rhd - curious if you get to see many minor league games in person and/or on milb.tv?
          Thanx for the response, harmon.

I usually go to about a half dozen minor league games and about a half dozen college games a year. Typically, I've seen about 7-10% of the players on my posted list in person at least once. I dont have milb.tv.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
            Thanx, as always, for the response, Sharky.

Duran was already on the list, but he has moved up a lot (from #86 to #33). What I was referring to were players that werent on the list that I posted in April but have zoomed onto the list from farther down my complete list (about 1000 players long). Two of the guys are Gunnar Henderson of the O's and Joseph Gray of the Brewers, who are starting to get a lot of hype. Also, Marcelo Mayer wasnt on the list either but might be the #1 overall player taken in the draft less than 2 weeks away. He's one of several amateur players now featured prominently on the list. BTW, I'll be posting a new list around the AS break, maybe just before the draft.
            How about Jose Miranda as another riser?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              How about Jose Miranda as another riser?
              Miranda is another guy who's having a crazy good year. He was just recently added to the bottom of the list. I dont know how good he really is, tho, because BA didnt even list him in their Top 30 Twins prospects, and FG did not give a very high future value grade to him. But I think he deserves a spot on the list just based on the stats and ARL.

Comment

Griffin Conine is on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                  He seems a little old for A ball

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Yeah, altho he's mashing pretty well, he is a bit old for Hi-A (will be 24 y/o in 9 days). He also mashed 2 years ago at Lo-A and unfortunately lost a year of development time last year. He is a prospect (he's #19 on BA's Marlins list) but more of a mid-range type rt now that projects to make MLB in some capacity but maybe not as a starter. At the rate he's going, he should be promoted before season's end, so let's see how he does at the next level.

Comment

• I'm gonna pimp Shane Baz again...in four starts since being promoted to AAA ball:

19 IP, 6 BB/28 K, 1.42 ERA/0.90 WHIP.

Totals so far between AA/AAA: 51.2 IP, 8 BB/77 Ks, 2.09 ERA/0.80 WHIP.

And he can throw a fastball through a brick wall...and he's only 22.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        I'm gonna pimp Shane Baz again...in four starts since being promoted to AAA ball:

19 IP, 6 BB/28 K, 1.42 ERA/0.90 WHIP.

Totals so far between AA/AAA: 51.2 IP, 8 BB/77 Ks, 2.09 ERA/0.80 WHIP.

And he can throw a fastball through a brick wall...and he's only 22.
                        Good call/reminder.

He is on a reserve roster for the 6th place team in our AL only 5x5. He will be 2 bucks when activated. I will be poking around for a trade, but I doubt he bites.

Comment

Working...
                        X