Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 (+ 6) Roto Prospects ("Belated Opening Day" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    I prefer hitters over pitchers most of the time. Since there is only one spot difference between the pitcher and hitter I would take Brennen Davis. I would do this even if Davis was on another team instead of the Cubs. The fact that he is a Cub and I am a Cubs Homer makes it a bit nicer.
    This from Marquee Sports Lance Brozdowski:

Cubs outfield prospect Brennen Davis falls into the most appealing bucket of age-related analysis. He is only 20 years old, younger than about 70 percent of the Class A Midwest League last season. Yet, he performed near the top of the league in an astounding number of statistical categories. For prospectors looking for the next five-tool outfielder to take a leap forward as he matures physically, Davis stands out.

Comment

1 Luciano ME
      2 Gore
      3 Meyer
      4 Veen
      5 Bart
      6 Mitchell
      7 Carroll ME (!)
      8 Howard
      9 Alvarez
      10 BDavis
      11 Welker
      12 ME

at this point I own 6 hitting prospects and zero pitching prospects with a pick to go, in an 8-man farm system maximum

best left on the rhd board (I pick 12th)

56 Edward Cabrera SP Mia
      58 Alek Thomas OF Ari
      65 Nick Gonzales 2B Pit
      67 Roberto Hassell OF SD
      70 Bryse Wilson SP Atl
      74 Matthew Liberatore SP StL
      77 Jose Israel Garcia SS Cin
      87 Michael Busch 2B LAD
      88 Brice Turang SS Mil
      90 Luis Matos OF SF
      92 Brailyn Marquez SP CHC
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
        at this point I own 6 hitting prospects and zero pitching prospects with a pick to go, in an 8-man farm system maximum
        Does the hitting/pitching makeup matter though? These guys (or some of them) are far away such that your future needs aren't even known.

Comment

I took Marquez due to being so clogged at hitting:
          SSs Luciano and McClain; 3B Baty; OFs Carroll, HRamos, JOrtiz (who I'll cut in July)

also might keep SS TTurner at 44 for another couple of years if he has an even higher peak

the eternal debate - "best player available," or...?

and the Marquez scouting reports are more exciting than the Liberatore version, and BWilson is a modest danger of getting 50 IP this year and then I wasted a year of eligibility

fwiw
          13 Gonzales
          14 Cristian Hernandez, Cubs SS
          15. JB Bukauskas
          16.Oviedo
          17. Liberatore
          18. ECabrera
          Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-15-2021, 02:57 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

I really like Libertore, but the difference between he and Marquez is more like whether you like chocolate or strawberry ice cream better. They're both good, and I'd be happy with either...
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Does the hitting/pitching makeup matter though? These guys (or some of them) are far away such that your future needs aren't even known.
              well, we have no bench, either.
              I expect several of those INFs to be among my 14 hitters in 2022 or 2023, and I would expect Gonzales there,had I picked him. again, plus maybe Turner 44 as well. Segura and Gregorius at 17 apiece might be keepable, too, but I could trade them for something else if they do well.
              if I squint real hard with ERios 2....

these contracts being 5-S2 and not 10-S2, as in many leagues, also is a factor.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I really like Libertore, but the difference between he and Marquez is more like whether you like chocolate or strawberry ice cream better. They're both good, and I'd be happy with either...
                Marquez has more upside, but a strong possibility he ends up in the bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  well, we have no bench, either.
                  I expect several of those INFs to be among my 14 hitters in 2022 or 2023, and I would expect Gonzales there,had I picked him. again, plus maybe Turner 44 as well. Segura and Gregorius at 17 apiece might be keepable, too, but I could trade them for something else if they do well.
                  if I squint real hard with ERios 2....

these contracts being 5-S2 and not 10-S2, as in many leagues, also is a factor.
                  Davis is an intriguing hitter. I like Nicky G better, but if your needs are in the OF, I get it. I am always a sucker for a MIFer who can hit. The Hiura comps, given Hiura's struggles, probably don't help. A shame, the path Hiura is taking. He should go back to what got him to the show. Selling out for power has messed up his apporach and swing.

Comment

Thank you doing this RHD. I always have enjoyed it.

Thoughts on Peyton Burdick. If you posted I missed it.

Burdick hit .289 with four home runs and 31 RBI for Wright State as a 19-year-old in 2016. He improved his power production and batting average the following season, hitting .347 with 19 doubles and nine home runs. Burdick dominated in 2019, really turning heads of pro scouts. In 214 at-bats, Burdick hit .407 with 18 doubles, 15 home runs, 72 RBI, 24 stolen bases and 60 walks and an amazing 1.267 OPS. -Fish Strips Staff

Comment

fwiw, 2nd round went - Marquez, Gonzales, CHernandez, Bukauskas, Oviedo, Liberatore, ECabrera, LDiaz, MAllan, AThomas, Hassell

best not chosen off the rhd board:
                      best left on the rhd board (I pick 12th)

70 Bryse Wilson SP Atl
                      77 Jose Israel Garcia SS Cin
                      87 Michael Busch 2B LAD
                      88 Brice Turang SS Mil
                      90 Luis Matos OF SF
                      100 Quinn Priester SP Pit

111 Mick Abel SP Phi
                      113 Austin Hendrick OF Cin
                      123 Liover Peguero SS Pit
                      126 Pete Crow-Armstrong OF NYM
                      133 Jordan Walker 3B StL
                      134 Travis Swaggerty OF Pit

136 Cade Cavalli SP Was
                      147 Hedbert Perez OF Mil
                      153 Mark Vientos 3B NYM
                      154 Ed Howard SS CHC
                      156 Miguel Vargas 3B LAD

how in a Mets-loving league does Crow-Armstrong not get picked?
                      his mom played the boy manager's mom in "Little Big League," for gosh sake !

he'll go EARLY in the one-round July 15 draft if he does anything in the minors starting next month

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        Thank you doing this RHD. I always have enjoyed it.

Thoughts on Peyton Burdick. If you posted I missed it.

Burdick hit .289 with four home runs and 31 RBI for Wright State as a 19-year-old in 2016. He improved his power production and batting average the following season, hitting .347 with 19 doubles and nine home runs. Burdick dominated in 2019, really turning heads of pro scouts. In 214 at-bats, Burdick hit .407 with 18 doubles, 15 home runs, 72 RBI, 24 stolen bases and 60 walks and an amazing 1.267 OPS. -Fish Strips Staff
                        You're welcome, Gregg. Glad you enjoy it.

Burdick currently is #248 on the list. After looking more closely at him, I wonder if even that is too high. He's #16 on BA's Marlins list. They give a qualified endorsement of him, saying in his scouting report "If he continues to add power and maintain consistency in his swing and approach, he should be an everyday player." He hit very well in his 1st pro season but was somewhat old for his leagues. Let's see how he does this year at a higher level.

Comment

Yay! Away for a few days and come back to this luscious piece of awesomeness. Thanks, rhd!
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                            Yay! Away for a few days and come back to this luscious piece of awesomeness. Thanks, rhd!
                            You're welcome, Bryan!

Comment

I was a way for a week and look what happens. Cool.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Thanks rhd! Thoughts on Kody Hoese? Jarren Duran?

Comment

Working...
                                X