Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RHD's Latest Top 150 (+ 6) Roto Prospects ("Belated Opening Day" Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the list. 24 and 25 surprise me. Marsh, because he's been hanging around so long he almost feels post hype, and Carroll because of the lack of data. But I can see why both are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Love the list. 24 and 25 surprise me. Marsh, because he's been hanging around so long he almost feels post hype, and Carroll because of the lack of data. But I can see why both are there.
      It seems right in real baseball. Two promising all around players there. In roto, I'd prefer Carroll cuz of the speed, and I'd take him and some others ahead of Marsh. Both seem like they have a decent shot at having long, productive real careers. But Marsh especially seems like a better in real life than fantasy player.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        IMHO, I think many prognosticators will regret not including Michael Harris in their lists.
        Great to have the list back, rhd!!! (Even if it is too late for me.) But I second Harmon's comment about Harris (and don't care who sees it because I have him in both leagues of mine where he is remotely rosterable already; then again, I got Acuna in my main league the year before he broke out in the minors, so maybe half that would be great).

Comment

Wow a few college & high school players too. Very nice list RHD!

Is Red Sox prospect Blaze Jordon close to your top 100? He's probably the only recent amateur player that i have paid any attention to because he was getting media coverage for hitting 500 foot homeruns when he was still in junior high. He reminds me of a teenage Bryce Harper. I'm curious to see how he does in his first year of minor league ball this year.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Wow a few college & high school players too. Very nice list RHD!

Is Red Sox prospect Blaze Jordon close to your top 100? He's probably the only recent amateur player that i have paid any attention to because he was getting media coverage for hitting 500 foot homeruns when he was still in junior high. He reminds me of a teenage Bryce Harper. I'm curious to see how he does in his first year of minor league ball this year.
            Thanx for the props, madducks.

Rt now Jordan is not on my list at all. Other than raw power, I dont think he's anything like Harper. BA ranked him #18 on Boston's list, which is a bad system. FanGraphs gave him a 40 grade, which is not terrible for an 18-y/o but not great either. BA says he's stiff at 3B and probably will end up at 1B, which would make him a right-right 1Bman. Doesnt excite me but we'll see how he develops.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              Great to have the list back, rhd!!! (Even if it is too late for me.) But I second Harmon's comment about Harris (and don't care who sees it because I have him in both leagues of mine where he is remotely rosterable already; then again, I got Acuna in my main league the year before he broke out in the minors, so maybe half that would be great).
              Thanx, cavebird. I'll definitely keep my eye on Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Thanx. Ken. Marsh and Carroll are where they are for different reasons. Yeah, Marsh has been around for a while and his prospect stock has been up and down. Now it's up again and he is candidate to get called up sometime this year so he could pay dividends sooner than later. I was surprised how high Carroll ended up myself, as I've only known about him for a relatively short amt of time. He's getting a lot of hype. BA says he's a double plus runner so lotsa SB potential. Right, the track record is short but I'm trusting the scouts on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Thanks for posting this, RHD!

I know the bit about discounting pitchers, and it is been awhile, so my memory may be off and this was par for the old course, but I am surprised to see the 1st pitcher at spot 16, and to see some of the arms as low as they are. Having Edward Cabrera and especially Bryse Wilson ahead of the KC kids--Lacy and Lynch--is bold.
                  Thanx, SM.

Yeah, the consensus seems to be that Lacy and Lynch might have a little more upside. But Wilson and Cabrera also are pretty good and both could be up this year so that's the main reason why they're higher.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    Whoa, awesome! Welcome back!
                    Thanx, JC.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
                      thanks for your reply!!!
                      You're welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        Thanx for the props, madducks.

Rt now Jordan is not on my list at all. Other than raw power, I dont think he's anything like Harper. BA ranked him #18 on Boston's list, which is a bad system. FanGraphs gave him a 40 grade, which is not terrible for an 18-y/o but not great either. BA says he's stiff at 3B and probably will end up at 1B, which would make him a right-right 1Bman. Doesnt excite me but we'll see how he develops.
                        Similar bat to Jordan but closer, I like E. Duran (INF, NYY). I heard Duran hit a ball 117 MPH in spring training, giving him top line raw power. He's much closer to the bigs than Jordan. I would worry slightly in an AL that he gets dealt to the NL, but I like the profile and I like his close proximity. We should learn a lot more about his bat this year.
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                          Similar bat to Jordan but closer, I like E. Duran (INF, NYY). I heard Duran hit a ball 117 MPH in spring training, giving him top line raw power. He's much closer to the bigs than Jordan. I would worry slightly in an AL that he gets dealt to the NL, but I like the profile and I like his close proximity. We should learn a lot more about his bat this year.
                          Duran also is not far off the list, rt below H Hernandez at #179.

Comment

1 Luciano ME
                            2 Gore
                            3 Meyer
                            4 Veen
                            5 Bart
                            6 Mitchell
                            7 Carroll ME (!)

best left on the rhd board (I pick 12th)

56 Edward Cabrera SP Mia
                            57 Brennen Davis OF CHC
                            58 Alek Thomas OF Ari
                            65 Nick Gonzales 2B Pit
                            67 Roberto Hassell OF SD
                            70 Bryse Wilson SP Atl
                            74 Matthew Liberatore SP StL
                            77 Jose Israel Garcia SS Cin
                            Last edited by Judge Jude; 04-15-2021, 11:45 AM.
                            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              1 Luciano ME
                              2 Gore
                              3 Meyer
                              4 Veen
                              5 Bart
                              6 Mitchell
                              7 Carroll ME (!)

best left on the rhd board (I pick 12th)

56 Edward Cabrera SP Mia
                              57 Brennen Davis OF CHC
                              58 Alek Thomas OF Ari
                              65 Nick Gonzales 2B Pit
                              67 Roberto Hassell OF SD
                              70 Bryse Wilson SP Atl
                              74 Matthew Liberatore SP StL
                              77 Jose Israel Garcia SS Cin
                              I prefer hitters over pitchers most of the time. Since there is only one spot difference between the pitcher and hitter I would take Brennen Davis. I would do this even if Davis was on another team instead of the Cubs. The fact that he is a Cub and I am a Cubs Homer makes it a bit nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                I prefer hitters over pitchers most of the time. Since there is only one spot difference between the pitcher and hitter I would take Brennen Davis. I would do this even if Davis was on another team instead of the Cubs. The fact that he is a Cub and I am a Cubs Homer makes it a bit nicer.
                                I would go with Nick Gonzales. I'm a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X