Fantasy league question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Had to have PONY online this year, but really looking forward to eating pink donuts and ripping on Frae's Barbie laptop in-person again next year.

Can we get a Vegas draft RJEL league going so that we are all forced to meet up in Vegas once a year?
    I'm good with that.....
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Had to have PONY online this year, but really looking forward to eating pink donuts and ripping on Frae's Barbie laptop in-person again next year.

Can we get a Vegas draft RJEL league going so that we are all forced to meet up in Vegas once a year?
      I tried for several years to get an RJ West league in-person auction league going but we never quite mustered enough interest. I think I'd suggested Phoenix since we could go to ST games.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        I tried for several years to get an RJ West league in-person auction league going but we never quite mustered enough interest. I think I'd suggested Phoenix since we could go to ST games.
        Well it's looking more and more likely that we'll be in Old Pueblo for 4 years starting 2022 so, consider me for a spot should you start one up.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

That would be great.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
            If, in 2021, I were asked to play FB for the first time, I wouldn't. All the discussion is about launch angle and exit velocity and spin rate and a bunch of other things I just don't care about.
            Yeah, i know what you're saying. I'm slowly (very slowly) embracing the new stuff. But, it still feels new and awkward.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Weird, I've had a blast playing this year and havent considered launch angle or exit velocity or spin rate at all.

Those are new data points to consider, for sure, but I don't know that they are *required* in order to compete.
              Just grab a fantasy baseball magazine and an ink pen to cross off names with. That's all you need.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Well it's looking more and more likely that we'll be in Old Pueblo for 4 years starting 2022 so, consider me for a spot should you start one up.
                Well sounds like we have four and I know Bene and Fresno were both interested as well.

DMT
                GITH
                Heye
                Feral

The problem will likely be differing interest levels in the depth of the league. I'm just not that interested in a crazy deep league but that seems to be the norm around here. I'm guessing we'll be lucky to find 12 interested which is fine by me but might be too shallow for others. And I have no interest in an only-league.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Well sounds like we have four and I know Bene and Fresno were both interested as well.

DMT
                  GITH
                  Heye
                  Feral

The problem will likely be differing interest levels in the depth of the league. I'm just not that interested in a crazy deep league but that seems to be the norm around here. I'm guessing we'll be lucky to find 12 interested which is fine by me but might be too shallow for others. And I have no interest in an only-league.
                  12-15 sounds doable. Fresno would make for a fun draft weekend, no doubt.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Weird, I've had a blast playing this year and havent considered launch angle or exit velocity or spin rate at all.

Those are new data points to consider, for sure, but I don't know that they are *required* in order to compete.
                    I didn’t say that. I said they dominate online fantasy discussion. Not as much here as elsewhere, which is one of the reasons why I still come here.

I too am competing with close to zero consideration given to those things. What I was saying was, if I was asked to play FB for the first time, and went to check out the FB discussion on Reddit, Twitter, etc, I’d give the offer a big nope.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      My commish traded a player for a snickers bar in year one of our league back in 1994, in high school. But the league evolved and became more serious. We still have lots of owners from the early days and I enjoy that aspect of it. I have dabbled in other leagues over the years, but they come and go. I have been successful in them, but I do not find the victories as rewarding. I like crushing my friends more than strangers.
                      What kind of stat line did the snickers bar put up?
                      2021 Auction Anatomy
                      2021 Keeper Decisions
                      2020 Auction Anatomy
                      2020 Pre-Auction
                      2015 Auction Anatomy
                      2014 Auction Anatomy
                      2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                      RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                        They were laughable.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          I didn’t say that. I said they dominate online fantasy discussion. Not as much here as elsewhere, which is one of the reasons why I still come here.

I too am competing with close to zero consideration given to those things. What I was saying was, if I was asked to play FB for the first time, and went to check out the FB discussion on Reddit, Twitter, etc, I’d give the offer a big nope.
                          Ah, if I was asked to play (insert any game here) and I went to check out the discussion about that topic on reddit, twitter, etc, I'd give the offer a big nope too.

Comment

they were laughable.
                            lol!!!
                            2021 Auction Anatomy
                            2021 Keeper Decisions
                            2020 Auction Anatomy
                            2020 Pre-Auction
                            2015 Auction Anatomy
                            2014 Auction Anatomy
                            2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                            RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Ah, if I was asked to play (insert any game here) and I went to check out the discussion about that topic on reddit, twitter, etc, I'd give the offer a big nope too.
                              Hmm... I'm literally on reddit because I find their posts on many video games very helpful and inventive.
                              Last edited by heyelander; 04-19-2021, 06:24 PM.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                                A satisfying one.

Comment

Working...
                                X