X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can a team start the day 1-19!!

0.058 OBP!!! Wow!

Droping 12.5 points Woo hoo %@#$!#$^^

I know a guy whose team back in the 1990s went 1 for 34 on the final day of the season to lose 2 AVG points - and the pennant.

to torture himself, he did the math - he needed 2 for 34.

#oof
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      0.058 OBP!!! Wow!

Droping 12.5 points Woo hoo %@#$!#$^^
      4 for 27 so far. But 11 walks and 2 SB.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

What do you mean? 1-19 is a typical day for my squad.

Comment

I believe you can accomplish that if you fail to hit 18 times out of the 19 attempts, but I'm not strong on math so YMMV.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

My 2 leagues today:
            1-26
            1-22

Comment

1-19 happens all the time. At least it means that your guys are mostly playing, even if badly.

Comment

Mith, please give Gregg his computer back.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  My 2 leagues today:
                  1-26
                  1-22
                  Finished the day 1-28!

I could have drafted a team of Mark Belangers and Mario Mensozas and did better than this!

Comment

was going to put this in the Braves thread, but it seems more appropriate here...

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                      was going to put this in the Braves thread, but it seems more appropriate here...

He must be on cavebirds team.

Comment

Out of curiosity was this a sarcastic thread or was it honestly surprised at a 1-19 start? I’ve had 0-20+ days numerous times playing fantasy so 1-19 looks great for a worst case.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Out of curiosity was this a sarcastic thread or was it honestly surprised at a 1-19 start? I’ve had 0-20+ days numerous times playing fantasy so 1-19 looks great for a worst case.
                          It was neither.

It was a frustrating complaint or an outburst to the comunity who would understand.

Now your 0-20+ has created a curiosity in me. How many approximate times do you think you have went 0-20 (since I mentioned OBP includes no walks)?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            It was neither.

It was a frustrating complaint or an outburst to the comunity who would understand.

Now your 0-20+ has created a curiosity in me. How many approximate times do you think you have went 0-20 (since I mentioned OBP includes no walks)?
                            I wish I had a way to go back and check, I definitely remember several days at the beginning of years (when it seemed like I had no chance to come back from) and at the end of the year (where it probably cost me a couple league titles).

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I wish I had a way to go back and check, I definitely remember several days at the beginning of years (when it seemed like I had no chance to come back from) and at the end of the year (where it probably cost me a couple league titles).
                              Yep. I think we remember those because they leave a mark.

I have lost money positions and at least one title because I needed 1 more hit or rbi. It is a game so I move on, but that event is still in the back of my mind rolling around.

Comment

Working...
                              X