Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14U Travel Baseball Tips

Hey guys, hey.

So, my son is playing AAU baseball this Spring and early Summer. He's played since he was six years old but mostly in Little League and local rec leagues. This is his first go-around with travel ball. He's looking forward to it. It's also our first experience with travel ball as well. My wife and I will be going to a lot of weekend double-headers, sometimes both Saturday and Sundays. Most of these games are within an hour or two of our home in New England.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced AAU travel before and had any tips? There's a lot of things to consider from travelling, supplies, etc. Was hoping the Sports Bar might have some things to help us out?
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

We are also just starting 12U and 10U club softball, so in a similar boat, except we're splitting up most weekends. Interested to see what everyone says.

Comment

Did this twice, once as a young coach and once as a parent. Here's my input:

1. Put together a medical file for all three of you, and make sure you have your insurance card wherever you go.
      2. First Aid Kit - Get a big one. Include all the usual supplies, plus stuff for insect bites and heat exhaustion/heat stroke.
      3. Two coolers on big wheels that you and your wife can handle. All of you will need to stay hydrated and you'll be outside in the heat a lot.
      4. Depends on the field/bleacher setups where you're playing, but if you're not in bleachers, get comfortable outdoor chairs that don't kill your back.
      5. If you'll be out in the sun a lot, don't go cheap on sunscreen - get the good sweat-proof stuff, 100 SPF. Bad sunburn sucks.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
      X