RJEL-Tandem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJEL-Tandem

I won last year and traded off most of my 2021 assets, so I wasn't looking to compete in 2021. I had a very "get your guy" plan for this auction and I got nearly every one of them. But, in RJEL, I don't believe you can truly compete at the highest level unless you have the minor league guys to deal during the season. Which I don't have. I kinda like my team because they're a lot of the guys I was targeting, but I doubt it has what it takes to compete.

C: G Sanchez-12
    1b: Rowdy-3-keep
    2b: B Lowe-8-keep (of too)
    3b: LeMahieu-14-keep (1b/2b)
    SS: Semien-11-keep
    MI: A Rosario-6-keep
    CI: Sano-26
    OF (5): Berti-17, Duval-1, Happ-30, A Hicks-5 (keep), Pederson-24
    Utils: Schoop-10, Wendle-3
    Bench: Zach Collins-1

P (9): Cease-7, Crochet-7, Darvish-20 (keep), Houck-2, P Lopez-2 (keep), Musgrove-25, G Soto-5, Woodruff-6 (keep), Yarbrough-7, Bummer-1, Diekman-1, Sonny Gray-9 (keep), Moronta-1

Uh, that still looks like a pretty impressive keeper list coming in - BLowe at 8, LeMahieu at 14, Woodruff and Darvish for a combined 26, and Semien at 11 are all excellent. And PLopez, AHicks and Rosario at a combined 13 is very good, too. And I almost missed Sonny Gray at 9. Screw minor leaguers, with a good auction, that team will compete easily.

Overall, I like what you've done with the auction - I see two high-risk/high-reward plays in GSanchez and Cease, a smart move to secure some wheels in Berti (plus multi-position eligibility), and given inflation, Sano and Pederson look reasonable, and Happ maybe a touch overpriced, but I think he plays really well in your league. I really like your rotational MRs. Yarbrough's a solid buy at 7.

Why wouldn't this team be competitive?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Uh, that still looks like a pretty impressive keeper list coming in - BLowe at 8, LeMahieu at 14, Woodruff and Darvish for a combined 26, and Semien at 11 are all excellent. And PLopez, AHicks and Rosario at a combined 13 is very good, too. And I almost missed Sonny Gray at 9. Screw minor leaguers, with a good auction, that team will compete easily.

Overall, I like what you've done with the auction - I see two high-risk/high-reward plays in GSanchez and Cease, a smart move to secure some wheels in Berti (plus multi-position eligibility), and given inflation, Sano and Pederson look reasonable, and Happ maybe a touch overpriced, but I think he plays really well in your league. I really like your rotational MRs. Yarbrough's a solid buy at 7.

Appreciate the thoughts, and I hope you are right. It's just that for years and years now, I cannot remember a single instance where a top team didn't make 3, 4, or more deals using their top minor leaguers to fill holes. In a league with this many teams, every team has holes right now, and it's just a matter of seeing if you can fill those holes. I don't really have that depth because I dealt it away last season.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

Mostly because the league has super deep minors which means that almost every good player who comes up is super underpriced early, and some teams go really hard on dumping and end up with very good teams a few years later. Here are a couple other keeper lists:

Guerrero 4, Tatis 3, Mondesi 11, Robles 6, Flaherty 11, etc
        SPerez 1, Alonso 3, Hiura 6, Paddack 6, etc
        Soto 20, Tucker 6, Yastrzemski 7, YAlvarez 6, Buehler 12, Glasnow 11, Hendriks 7, Lamet 7, McCullers 6, Sixto/Skubal/Puk/Pearson minors
        Olson 13, TTurner 21, CSeager 16, JHicks 4, Kershaw 29, Luzardo 3, Rosenthal 3, May 5, Vaughn/Kelenic/Kopech/Trevor Rogers minors
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          Mostly because the league has super deep minors which means that almost every good player who comes up is super underpriced early, and some teams go really hard on dumping and end up with very good teams a few years later. Here are a couple other keeper lists:

Guerrero 4, Tatis 3, Mondesi 11, Robles 6, Flaherty 11, etc
          SPerez 1, Alonso 3, Hiura 6, Paddack 6, etc
          Soto 20, Tucker 6, Yastrzemski 7, YAlvarez 6, Buehler 12, Glasnow 11, Hendriks 7, Lamet 7, McCullers 6, Sixto/Skubal/Puk/Pearson minors
          Olson 13, TTurner 21, CSeager 16, JHicks 4, Kershaw 29, Luzardo 3, Rosenthal 3, May 5, Vaughn/Kelenic/Kopech/Trevor Rogers minors
          man, your team with Tatis and Mondesi looks like one I'd love to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrewski View Post
            Appreciate the thoughts, and I hope you are right. It's just that for years and years now, I cannot remember a single instance where a top team didn't make 3, 4, or more deals using their top minor leaguers to fill holes. In a league with this many teams, every team has holes right now, and it's just a matter of seeing if you can fill those holes. I don't really have that depth because I dealt it away last season.
            You're not without pieces that could have significant value - Houck at 2, for example.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I am in the same boat as you. It was a very strange experience for me, realizing that I had little to no chance of competing this year.

I got a couple of my goals accomplished, but overall I'm not happy about the results

To top it off, I somehow bid on lorenzen screwing up my last bench pick.

At least there's real baseball this season.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                At least there's real baseball this season.
                ^this.
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  man, your team with Tatis and Mondesi looks like one I'd love to have.
                  Thinks change a lot in a yeah and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Thinks change a lot in a yeah and a half.
                    With your typos I can't help but hear this in a mob/gangster Northeast accent
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      With your typos I can't help but hear this in a mob/gangster Northeast accent
                      Hah, that was my phone for some reason autocorrecting me, and yes I agree.

Comment

Mayor Quimby

Comment

Working...
                        X