2K21: Eugenio Suarez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K21: Eugenio Suarez

How much does the move to SS increase Eugenio Suarez's value? Even if he eventually moves back to 3B, he should get SS eligibility by Week 1.

I had him at $29 in mixed OBP leagues, so that puts him right up there with Francisco Lindor. I can't see taking him in Rd 2, but I think he's definitely a 3rd Rd pick in deep OBP redraft leagues now.

Originally posted by revo View Post
    How much does the move to SS increase Eugenio Suarez's value? Even if he eventually moves back to 3B, he should get SS eligibility by Week 1.

I had him at $29 in mixed OBP leagues, so that puts him right up there with Francisco Lindor. I can't see taking him in Rd 2, but I think he's definitely a 3rd Rd pick in deep OBP redraft leagues now.
    Multiple position eligibility tacks on a buck or 2 of value. But SS is not significantly shallower than 3B such that there's a price difference is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Multiple position eligibility tacks on a buck or 2 of value. But SS is not significantly shallower than 3B such that there's a price difference is it?
      That's a good question.

Using my tinkered with projections, I have them kind of similar through the Top 10 in both positions, but then the shortstops go downhill much faster than the third basemen. My #22 3B is worth over 3x more than my #22 SS.

If he was 3B only, although I have him grouped with Rendon, Bregman & Machado, I would have taken all three of those guys over him. But with SS eligibility, that boosts him over Bregman and maybe Rendon IMO.

Comment

Prices/earning should be scaled over replacement. With so many multi-eligibility players in today's inventory, replacement is essentially the same for everyone but catcher. As such, the price/earning in a vacuum doesn't change from 3B to SS.

However, the ability to move Suarez between five spots (3B, CI, SS, MI, UT) during the season could help add more stats to your roster, depending on league rules regarding reserves and frequency of transactions. Suarez (or any MEP) doesn't add the production, but his flexibility does. Depending on the league, adding between $1-$3 will still turn a plus ROI -- that is you'll add more than $1-$3 over the season. Players with MEP during the draft can add even more.
        Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
          Prices/earning should be scaled over replacement. With so many multi-eligibility players in today's inventory, replacement is essentially the same for everyone but catcher. As such, the price/earning in a vacuum doesn't change from 3B to SS.
          That was my first thought too but worth the discussion to make sure.

Comment

I think in practice, the move can have more than a $1-3 impact, under specific circumstances. In my keeper league, the auction is thin at SS. That should mean that most teams do not need one, but very oddly, this year two teams kept 3 SSs to start at SS, MIF and util. I guess that is a testament to how deep SS is, but it still means we have 4 teams that need a SS and several others that need a MIFer and we had Story, Baez, Edman, and then a drop off to DeJong as the best 4 SS left. I expect the SS elg to add about $5 to the price for Suarez. He clearly fits between Story and Baez, so I expect the SS elg to add more than $3 to his price. It just takes one new owner with a need at SS that had no need for a 3bman added to the mix to push the price. Maybe that owner would be better off spending on Dejong or Ahmed rather than pay a premium, but I think someone will pay up. We have two big Reds fans in the league, and one of them needs a SS.

But that is all league specific stuff. I understand that the move should not add more than a couple of bucks to his price. Still, I love having multi-elg guys and I will be in on him. I'm a fan.

Comment

Working...
            X