Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: value calculators

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zola View Post
    In short, you're basing conclusions on an erroneous set of inputs, specifically the inclusion of projected stats not earmarked for the final stat pool at the end of the season.

To be fair, so am I by using conventional valuation.

Which is why I opt to eliminate the middle man and go right to subjective alterations but doing so with an understanding of what conventional valuation is and its limitations - so it's educated alterations.
    this is a valid point, but as you noted the approach you are presenting has the same issue. I'm just trying to establish a better process for perhaps making it more accurate. And what I'm proposing is clearly not perfect, but I believe it is more accurate than just using the same inputs for daily and weekly leagues. At this point I regret ever asking the questions I did

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    If you would read what I wrote, rather than being busy trying to lob personal attacks, you'd realize that the example I provided showed the extra pitchers netting out because the talent curve is relatively flat at the end. That would mean, by netting out the streamers assuming everyone is streaming, the actual auction value for the others remains the same.

But I doubt you even read it.
    yes, I'm the clearly the one lobbing personal attacks like "screw you", "your an asshole", "go screw yourself". yes, I'm clearly the one lobbing personal attacks. Clearly.

EDIT: forgot "you're the ass here man"

EDIT 2: "Dumbass"

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    this is a valid point, but as you noted the approach you are presenting has the same issue. I'm just trying to establish a better process for perhaps making it more accurate. And what I'm proposing is clearly not perfect, but I believe it is more accurate than just using the same inputs for daily and weekly leagues. At this point I regret ever asking the questions I did
    I can understand why you regret it. You asked a question and noted that you don't understand the answers because you aren't an expert. Others responded (including an aactual expert in Todd). And then you whined when we responded in a way you didn't agree with.

Which is it, on one of the early pages I asked for your methodology and you complained that you shouldn't have to provide it because you are asking the question. But now you are complaining that people disagree with you after you actually provided the reasoning.

It's ridiculous man.

yes, I'm the clearly the one lobbing personal attacks like "screw you", "your an asshole", "go screw yourself". yes, I'm clearly the one lobbing personal attacks. Clearly.

LOL re-read the thread man, none of that happened until you started the attacks dumbass. I'll call you out for being an asshole when... you are being an asshole. People were literally trying to HELP you, as someone who claimed they weren't an expert, and you reply that the help doesn't include critical thought? Go screw yourself.

exactly, neither approach is perfect. So which one provides a more accurate assesment of the value that a set of stats will actually provide ? Alterations absolutely need to be made. which approach provides a better starting point ? If you want to go straight to subjective alterations and not attempt to create a "middle man" that is not unreasonable. I also don't think it is unreasonable to try to use altered calculator inputs (middle man) to try to gain understanding of real value
    In my view, it's not real because the inputs are not reflective of the real scenario. Call it an artifact of my previous life as a scientist in biotech.

I do like spaghetti though. Except it's on the "do not eat" list, so zoodles it is...
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

EDIT 2: "Dumbass"
    EDIT 3: to note that "go screw yourself" was used twice for those keeping track

EDIT 4: probably some additional asshole updates I should track, but it's hard to keep up
    Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 03-24-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Zola View Post
    In my view, it's not real because the inputs are not reflective of the real scenario. Call it an artifact of my previous life as a scientist in biotech.

I do like spaghetti though. Except it's on the "do not eat" list, so zoodles it is...
    That is a fair criticism of what I propose, but I think the alternative is also not reflective of the real scenario. I hope this thread yielded some benefit in people thinking about how to use the calculators, I feel it probably didn't and mostly resulted in a lot of frustration and comments not related to the topic. But I got input from you and others to consider. And you can consider my input and use it or not use it based on your assessment of it's value. I shouldn't, but I'll stick with spaghetti. I appreciate your input.

PM sent

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    Very Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance-esque
    Better Zen than Zed.

EDIT 4: probably some additional asshole updates I should track, but it's hard to keep up
    EDIT 5: Acting offended that someone calls you out on being an ass after you attack their character is really rich. Keep gaslighting me though.... or reply in PM and lets figure this out?