X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Tout Wars results

tinyurl.com/2021ToutWars
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Thanks Todd! So helpful to see the rosters and not just the summary of bids / results (in chronological order).

Comment

Same here - thanks much!

I'm trying to figure out how Jason landed Urshela for only $14. Were 7 managers at the bar when he came out?
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I wish we were doing it live near a bar...

Urshela was the 82nd nomination so it wasn't a matter of timing. I have at $16 so $14 isn't too far off.
        Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
          I wish we were doing it live near a bar...

Urshela was the 82nd nomination so it wasn't a matter of timing. I have at $16 so $14 isn't too far off.
          Good point on the value - I was looking at him relative to the other 3Bs, and $14 looked like a great buy to me. Only $4 more than Maikel and $5 less than Donaldson.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Good point on the value - I was looking at him relative to the other 3Bs, and $14 looked like a great buy to me. Only $4 more than Maikel and $5 less than Donaldson.
            those are pretty close to the relative values in fangraphs fyi.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              those are pretty close to the relative values in fangraphs fyi.
              Interesting. I'd happily pay $4 more for Urshela than Maikel Franco or save $5 over Donaldson.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Interesting. I'd happily pay $4 more for Urshela than Maikel Franco or save $5 over Donaldson.
                A 29 year old who has never had a full season of ABs is always going to get discounted. (Just one year > 300 PA).

We always want to just extrapolate stats out but in reality it rarely works like that.

Comment

Everyone has their guys -- Urshela is one I've purposely targeted this year along with McCullers and Montgomery. They're the triumvirate foundation of most of my AL drafts this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    Everyone has their guys -- Urshela is one I've purposely targeted this year along with McCullers and Montgomery. They're the triumvirate foundation of most of my AL drafts this year.
                    Makes sense, I don't dislike Urshela at all, I just don't know that it's a travesty that he's $4 more than Franco or $5 less than Donaldson.

Seems like your average every day good buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      It's interesting to look at Montgomery's most similar player on b-ref and compare the relative hype around them this year (especially pre-injury)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        It's interesting to look at Montgomery's most similar player on b-ref and compare the relative hype around them this year (especially pre-injury)
                        Nice observation. Valdez and Mean certainly got a lot of offseason love. I always give TJ pitchers two full years. I let others become disappointed in those guys in months 12-23 and I acquire them by month 24 and enjoy them. I traded Grandal, Khris Davis, and Mendick to acquire Montgomery this winter and couldn't be happier.

Comment

Working...
                        X