No announcement yet.

Hot Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we made our own hot sauce last fall from a serrano pepper plant we experimented with ... how did it turn out? well we're planting four plants this year ...

of course we still have 7 different jars of hot sauce in the fridge aside from our own.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

So I have tried both Slap ya Mama and Dirty Dicks hot pepper sauce.

Mama is a slightly tangier Crystal, it should be great on seafood and as recommended, Cajun food. I can see it being excellent on Oysters with a bit of horseradish. I can't do oysters at home, but next time I'm in Baja I can bring it along and use it at Popotla.

Dirty Dicks is unusual, yes it has a kick--not really that bad in comparison to some Hot sauces I've had, but a nice heat and it's a really different taste, kind of smokier, but not too dark. great for a change of pace HS.

Thanks for the suggestions.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        So I have tried both Slap ya Mama and Dirty Dicks hot pepper sauce.

Mama is a slightly tangier Crystal, it should be great on seafood and as recommended, Cajun food. I can see it being excellent on Oysters with a bit of horseradish. I can't do oysters at home, but next time I'm in Baja I can bring it along and use it at Popotla.

Dirty Dicks is unusual, yes it has a kick--not really that bad in comparison to some Hot sauces I've had, but a nice heat and it's a really different taste, kind of smokier, but not too dark. great for a change of pace HS.

Thanks for the suggestions.
        Glad you liked it. I just got the Slap ya mama sauce and I like it. I agree, it is like a kicked up version of an every day put on everything sauce like Crystal or Frank's. I dig it. And I agree that Dirty's is more of a specialty sauce that goes really well with some things, but not everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Glad you liked it. I just got the Slap ya mama sauce and I like it. I agree, it is like a kicked up version of an every day put on everything sauce like Crystal or Frank's. I dig it. And I agree that Dirty's is more of a specialty sauce that goes really well with some things, but not everything.
          I've only used it once (DD) so maybe I'll be able to describe it better next time, but it's definitely in the rotation now. And yeah SYM is gonna be great on seafood. Crystal and Cholula round out my Hot Sauces for now--gonna solicit suggestions of FB, if I'll bring em here if they pan out.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
          X