Best website to find something close to 25 man rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best website to find something close to 25 man rosters

Our AL only in person auction is going to hold our auction before opening day for the first time in its 34 year history. We usually do this on the first weekend of the season as all of the opening day 25 man rosters have been set by then.

We turn in our keeper lists and then goto each team site on mlb.com to pull down their official 25 man rosters. Once we remove the keeper list players, who ever is left over is our list of players to be available for the auction.

When I look at team rosters on mlb.com now, I see 30-40 players and guys that are not even signed to a team currently (FA). So it is a total mess. Does anyone know where I can find a projected 25 man list, or something like that for each team?

There has to be other leagues that have this same issue if they hold their auction before the opening day. thanks for any info.

2024 Toronto Blue Jays MLB Depth Charts updated daily with the latest transactions, roster moves, injury list, lineups, probable starting pitchers, and minor league players.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

The Atlhletic had projected 26 man roster articles for every team last week, but it’s subscription only

Comment

One of my leagues has restrictions about how many minor leaguers can be drafted during the auction so we used to have a silly rule where if they were still in big league camp they would be considered major leaguers. This lead to all kinds of googling in the middle of the draft trying to find reports and articles and led to some ridiculous designations. Two years ago we decided to use roster resource (now as you can see a valuable part of Fangraphs) as the be-all end-all and it worked great. No more arguments, just one source for everyone to use. Sure, some guys they projected in the minors ended up breaking camp, but they're about as accurate as you're going to get out there.

Comment

I used fangraphs. they seem very accurate in depth chart projections. the player projections seem like the floor for a players stats. like if they say a player is going to hit .300 or have a .800+ OPS, barring injury, you can pretty much bank on it. Rotowire was very good too for stuff. also I came across a site called pitcherlist, I appreciated the blurbs in the rankings.

Comment

Working...
          X