NL-only keeper league (5x5 OBP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-only keeper league (5x5 OBP)

Hey gang, a long running league of mine is looking for 1 or 2 owners. We've bounced between 11 and 12 owners over the years but had a couple owners who decided not to come back this year so we've only got 10. Most of us are based in southern California and we used to do the auction in person but with so many new owners living elsewhere we've moved to doing it online. Good group of guys, very competitive league, has even had some RJ members over the years (tinitoys currently, GladHeAteHer (RIP), friarfan, Dr Heat in the past). We haven't set a draft date yet but it'll probably be on a Sunday in March. Here are the particulars:

- $100 entry fee (usually higher but we dropped it last year to lure new owners, used to be $300 but it'll be discussed after this season)
    - 25-man rosters if 11 teams (10 pitchers, 2 catchers, 5 OF, 2 UTIL) or 23-man rosters if 12 teams (take off 1 UTIL and 1 pitcher)
    - usually the number of keepers is variable based on order of finish but new owners are allowed the maximum of 14
    - 8-man minor league rosters
    - payouts to top 5
    - standard 5x5 with OBP instead of BA

If we end up with 12 owners then the 2 new owners will have a draft to pick from the 2 empty teams, if only 1 owner is procured then we'll...have to figure it out . There are some fairly unique rules in this league so I can send a PDF of the constitution to anyone interested and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks!

I would interested in a spot in the NL Only league. My NL only league is disbanding and it was very similar to the format you describe.

I'll PM you my email.

Thanks,
    Ryan
    Last edited by zoso 21; 03-05-2021, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      Hey gang, a long running league of mine is looking for 1 or 2 owners. We've bounced between 11 and 12 owners over the years but had a couple owners who decided not to come back this year so we've only got 10. Most of us are based in southern California and we used to do the auction in person but with so many new owners living elsewhere we've moved to doing it online. Good group of guys, very competitive league, has even had some RJ members over the years (tinitoys currently, GladHeAteHer (RIP), friarfan, Dr Heat in the past). We haven't set a draft date yet but it'll probably be on a Sunday in March. Here are the particulars:

- $100 entry fee (usually higher but we dropped it last year to lure new owners, used to be $300 but it'll be discussed after this season)
      - 25-man rosters if 11 teams (10 pitchers, 2 catchers, 5 OF, 2 UTIL) or 23-man rosters if 12 teams (take off 1 UTIL and 1 pitcher)
      - usually the number of keepers is variable based on order of finish but new owners are allowed the maximum of 14
      - 8-man minor league rosters
      - payouts to top 5
      - standard 5x5 with OBP instead of BA

If we end up with 12 owners then the 2 new owners will have a draft to pick from the 2 empty teams, if only 1 owner is procured then we'll...have to figure it out . There are some fairly unique rules in this league so I can send a PDF of the constitution to anyone interested and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks!
      Well, we got back up to 11 for last year, but one of the new owners didn't stick. I don't think we'll even try for 12 this year so just looking for one owner. No draft date set yet but obviously that will depend on when the season starts and such. Reply, PM me, or even text me at 714 514 3420 if interested.

Comment

And here we are once again. Lost 2 but already gained 1 so we're looking for at least 1 and possibly 2. Let me know if you're interested and if you prefer a call or text, my number is 714-514-3420.

Comment

Working...
        X