The Official Quarterback thread for THE Historic Chicago Bears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    It is back! The rumor is back. Sam Darnold aka Donaldson is back in the Chicago rumor mill. Seems the asking price may be dropping.
    Maybe next year....

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Maybe next year....
      If we wait until next year Wilson will be our QB.

I think the Bears brass will pick some prospect late in the draft. So there will be no need to trade for Russell next year...so yay.

Comment

If we wait until next year Wilson will be our QB.

I think the Bears brass will pick some prospect late in the draft. So there will be no need to trade for Russell next year...so yay.
        I doubt the Bears could get him next year even if they wanted him. They got fooled into thinking they could get him this year and got left with pie (/Dalton) on their face. No reason to think they won't screw it up again next year.

Although maybe there is some logic here - start Dalton, suck in 2021, get a good draft pick, trade the draft pick for a QB. Hey maybe it's the long game in action!

Comment

The Bears Rumor Mill has gotten so bad that is not even fun anymore. I wonder if the writers get paid by the word?

I have no regrets. It was fun for a little while. I miss getting excited for football.

Comment

There's still hope Gregg.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins are "considering" trading the No. 6 overall pick.

It's not news that the Dolphins have "received calls from teams looking to trade up to No. 6" — one of the 'Big Five' quarterbacks were always expected to fall there since the Bengals filled that need last year. But Miami weighing whether to move back (again) for multiple picks would obviously shake up the draft in a variety of ways. The Broncos, Patriots, and Bears are all teams that could try and jostle their positions to secure a first-round talent under center at No. 6.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              There's still hope Gregg.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Dolphins are "considering" trading the No. 6 overall pick.

It's not news that the Dolphins have "received calls from teams looking to trade up to No. 6" — one of the 'Big Five' quarterbacks were always expected to fall there since the Bengals filled that need last year. But Miami weighing whether to move back (again) for multiple picks would obviously shake up the draft in a variety of ways. The Broncos, Patriots, and Bears are all teams that could try and jostle their positions to secure a first-round talent under center at No. 6.
              Lots of rumors flying around having the Bears move up in the draft. The mock drafts have become ridiculous.

I have no idea what the Bears are really going to do, but I do plan on watching Thursday night.
              Last edited by Gregg; 04-28-2021, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Here comes your new QB — Justin Fields!

Comment

Danny Parkins
                  @DannyParkins
                  Week 1 Bears open in LA on Sunday Night Football against the Rams.
                  3:54 PM · May 11, 2021

Fields vs Stafford - who ya got?
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Here comes your new QB — Justin Fields!
                    He had a nice first game. Continuing the hope of Bears fans everywhere.

Comment

He had a nice first game. Continuing the hope of Bears fans everywhere.
                      Nick Foles is very sad at the Bears.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, yes he is...oh and nicely played.

Comment

Based on yesterday and his 136 rating he should be starting week one...just sayin.

Comment

Ken's most excellent jab at me that my Historic Chicago Bears deserve a Super Bowl MVP (Nick Foles) going into this year.

The NFL Network’s Mike Garofolo says the Bears “are in” on Andy Dalton, but that the 49ers are also looking at him. The ‘Niners were one of the teams interested in Mitchell Trubisky, so if they add Dalton to back up Jimmy Garoppolo that would leave Mitch out.

This better be that Dalton will mentor the rookie stud that we trade up the draft board to get!
                            Glad I didn't have to invoke the or else.

Looking to the start of the season.

Comment

Glad to read Fields is starting after last weeks debacle.

I hope he has a great game to build his confidence. Either way I expect Dalton to start next week if healthy. So I hope he makes the most of today.

I also hope the coaches have a better game plan!

Comment

I could hear Gregg’s screams at the 9:30 mark of the fourth
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X