Mark Cuban & the Dallas Mavericks pull the plug on the national anthem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
    How about America the Beautiful as a backup plan?
    Game changer !
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      How about America the Beautiful as a backup plan?
      Ray Charles version.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        It's not specifically associated with basketball, but sports in general, in every country.

Started around WWI, took off during WWII. If you think about it, where else is the National Anthem played, if not sporting events? Not sure if schools sing it every morning (when they're actually in school).

So it's a tradition that's long been associated with all sports around the world.
        I believe it began before games during WWI and took off during WWII to show our national pride during the wars. Of course, it just stuck around after that. Personally, I don't think it is necessary to play it before sporting events.

Comment

Working...
        X