No announcement yet.

2021 NFL Offseason Transaction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucs sign Antonio Brown for 1-year/$3.1 million. He can double his salary with incentives.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Bucs sign Antonio Brown for 1-year/$3.1 million. He can double his salary with incentives.
      Like not violating the NFL's personal conduct policy?

Comment

• Packers sign QB Blake Bortles, formerly of the Rams, to a one-year contract.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Packers sign QB Blake Bortles, formerly of the Rams, to a one-year contract.
          Jason Mendoza approves of this post.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• The Julio Jones rumors are heating up. He reportedly wants to play for the Patriots. And they have the cap space to afford him. The Chargers, 49ers, Raiders, and Colts are the other rumored teams that he could end up with.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tim Tebow back in the league (TE) for Jacksonville... 1 yr/920k
              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                Tim Tebow back in the league (TE) for Jacksonville... 1 yr/920k
                Such BS. I admire the guy for pursuing his dream and being in shape, but at this point he's a total line skipper based solely on his popularity and connections. Urban Meyer has been far from impressive in his 1st NFL season. Between the Tebow clown show and the Chris Doyle hiring, he's badly misjudged the NFL landscape.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Such BS. I admire the guy for pursuing his dream and being in shape, but at this point he's a total line skipper based solely on his popularity and connections. Urban Meyer has been far from impressive in his 1st NFL season. Between the Tebow clown show and the Chris Doyle hiring, he's badly misjudged the NFL landscape.
                  I do not think it is wrong to use your connections to get a head.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Meh, maybe. It's not a guaranteed contract and the odds of Tebow bumping a player who'd make the final roster are pretty slim. Plus, Tebow will take some of the media glare away from Lawrence as long as Tebow stays in camp, and Tebow can help Lawrence with his experience of dealing with media.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I do not think it is wrong to use your connections to get a head.
                      Even at the expense of getting something ahead of someone more deserving? I'm talking about life in general, and not just Tebow.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I'm hardly an NFL scout, lol, but it seemed pretty obvious to me and others far more knowledgeable that Tebow was unstoppable near the goal line at Florida - and he even flashed a tiny bit of it with the Broncos.

I imagined Belichick using him in those situations. Tebow, in that spot, is big and strong enough to get a rushing TD or make a key block.
                        and if he gets the ball outside, he'd have been a headache for defenses who know that he could throw a lot better than any TE in history in that situation.

presumably that ship has long sailed at his age. but I am amused that all these years later, Urban Meyer seems to have gotten into my head.

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Falcons are trading WR Julio Jones and a 2023 6th-round pick to the Titans for a 2022 2nd-round pick and a 2023 4th-round pick.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Falcons are trading WR Julio Jones and a 2023 6th-round pick to the Titans for a 2022 2nd-round pick and a 2023 4th-round pick.
                            I thought the Falcons would get more than that for Jones.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I thought the Falcons would get more than that for Jones.
                              They probably would have had they traded him on draft day.

Comment

• Aaron Rodgers is officially a holdout. Local sports radio is foaming at the mouth worse than a skunk with advanced rabies.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X