• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 NFL Offseason Transaction Thread

Carson Wentz expected to be traded any day now

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Carson Wentz expected to be traded any day now
    It is looking like the Bears. I really really hope the Colts step up and snatch defeat from defeat. Besides he fits better with the Colts than the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      It is looking like the Bears. I really really hope the Colts step up and snatch defeat from defeat. Besides he fits better with the Colts than the Bears.
      Plus the Bears are a historic franchise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Plus the Bears are a historic franchise.
        Yep. Then again if they trade for Carson Wentz they deserve what they get. That is not to say I won't root for his success or be glad to admit if I am wrong. I just do not think this is going to end well.

Comment

You will also like Derek Carr if you get him. Nice guy. Clutch player on a bad team.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            You will also like Derek Carr if you get him. Nice guy. Clutch player on a bad team.
            I would love that!

Unfortunately I just read he is not the QB they are going to trade. Mariota is.

Comment

I would love that!
              I know, especially for a historic franchise.

Comment

I know, especially for a historic franchise.
                Right!

As the one of the oldest franchises that was so important to the development of professional football as well as the team with the most HOF'ers it is time that they started acting like it.

Comment

Right!

As the one of the oldest franchises that was so important to the development of professional football as well as the team with the most HOF'ers it is time that they started acting like it.
                  I hope you enjoyed my mocking - there's nothing different about the Bears of today as one of the "oldest franchises". The majority of NFL franchises are over 60 years old at this point, most of them are "historic". It means the same for the Bears as every other team.

Comment

Right!

Those footsteps that you hear getting closer are coming from Pittsburgh.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I hope you enjoyed my mocking - there's nothing different about the Bears of today as one of the "oldest franchises". The majority of NFL franchises are over 60 years old at this point, most of them are "historic". It means the same for the Bears as every other team.
                      Ah, you are one of those who ignore history if you don't care for it.

NFL likes history. Heck they tried to bring back Lombardi for this last Super Bowl. He has nothing to do with football today.

Many of the teams you are talking about have history without being historical... except to their fan base. That is good too.

Comment

Ah, you are one of those who ignore history if you don't care for it.

NFL likes history. Heck they tried to bring back Lombardi for this last Super Bowl. He has nothing to do with football today.
                        From the dead?
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          From the dead?
                          That would have improved the TV ratings.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Here's a hint Gregg - I was originally just giving you a hard time, but the next time you want to start a post with "Ah, you are one of those" in a negative context, just send me a PM instead maybe.

The reality is that for most NFL fans, all the teams are historic at this point. Every fanbase, outside of a few of the more recent expansions have generations of support at this point. They are all historic. This isn't the XFL.

Suggesting that things are different for the Bears because they are historic comes across as a smug fan who has no context of the current NFL where every franchise is well established.

Comment

Ken's salad dressing is super salty today.

Comment

Working...
                              X