Gettin it Done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    He makes some points but as usual his anti pc bias makes me turn it off.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

After a bit more thought. I think blaming the situation on the people of this county is somewhat remiss. It's not that the people don't want progress, it's that any progress that threatens an established corporate entity and it's financial success, is fought tooth and nail to preserve existing revenue streams. No high speed rail? It's not simply because of the spotted owl, it's also because trains don't make some folks as much money as other forms of transportation among other things standing in the way. Can't build a road or a building in 3 days? because we don't have BMI which would allow workers to stay homes until the project was finished. PLUS some businesses and people a re all about themselves and wouldn't stand for the stay at home, close my business edicts it would take to get it done quickly and then there's capitalism which means there's a whole bid process for gigs with politics/politicians getting in the way.

So no China isn't eating our lunch because we're a silly people (though we are) it's because our form of Govt., Financial and political entanglements and love of money prevent any quick and resolute action in any arena.

So I can't agree with much of his reasoning at all.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

From David Dayen on Twitter:

"Also today: private debt collectors are going to be allowed to garnish the $1,400 checks because Congress couldn't use budget reconciliation to protect them. This is no way to legislate."

Classic Biden, in it for the debt collectors. His first true love.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
        X