Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    What does that mean?
    In the storied history of the Chicago Bears they have not had an excellent Quarterback since Sid Luckman. In this age of Quarterback focused offenses to get a top 3 QB this early in his career could make history. From leading the team to their 3rd Super Bowl to setting individual franchise position records are in reach. Of course this is just football, and nothing is certain. But if things go right for one of the oldest franchises, it could make history.

Bears do not let this opportunity get away.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      From leading the team to their 3rd Super Bowl to setting individual franchise position records are in reach. Of course this is just football, and nothing is certain. But if things go right for one of the oldest franchises, it could make history.
      I feel like I'm watching a commercial for the Bears.

They are a heck of a ways from talking about winning a Super Bowl.

Comment

I'm not so sure that Watson doesn't immediately put there right there as contenders. I mean, the dude is absolutely elite and can carry a team - even the Bears.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          I'm not so sure that Watson doesn't immediately put there right there as contenders. I mean, the dude is absolutely elite and can carry a team - even the Bears.
          Agree; I just don't think the Bears have the draft capital to make it happen.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

More like a plea. Than again I am a confessed Bears Homer.

Lot of injuries. Pagano misused the defensive talent that he had. Thank God he has been replaced with someone who will be more aggressive (tutored under Vic Fangio).

Add bad QB and you have a Recipe for disaster.

Oh and please do not trade for Carson Wentz that is not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              More like a plea. Than again I am a confessed Bears Homer.

Lot of injuries. Pagano misused the defensive talent that he had. Thank God he has been replaced with someone who will be more aggressive (tutored under Vic Fangio).

Add bad QB and you have a Recipe for disaster.

Oh and please do not trade for Carson Wentz that is not the answer.
              Sorry Gregg...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Rumor is the Panthers offered three #1s AND Christian McCaffrey for him. Yikes.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  If accurate, that's incredible. Not only the picks plus McCaffrey, but I think McCaffrey would carry nearly a $25 mil cap hit this year, too.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    If accurate, that's incredible. Not only the picks plus McCaffrey, but I think McCaffrey would carry nearly a $25 mil cap hit this year, too.
                    Isn't he the highest paid running back in an era of devalued running backs? Good or not maybe they have remorse on that contract (the way they are choosing to spend money). Maybe part salary dump?

Still that is a big big offer.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Why would Jackson want to go to a bad team that is mortgaging their short term future? So he can lead them to multiple 5-11 seasons?
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Why would Jackson want to go to a bad team that is mortgaging their short term future? So he can lead them to multiple 5-11 seasons?
                        Who is Jackson

Comment

Who is Jackson
                          Andrew ?
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          ---------------------------------------------
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            I think you mean Watson...that said, most all of the teams that could afford the Texans price will be bad teams that will mortgage some number of high draft picks. The Rams have proven a team can be successful doing that, but they better be very well run.

Comment

Who is Jackson
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X