No announcement yet.

Should smokers be in the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should smokers be in the Hall of Fame?

What kind of example do we want to set for our children?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Jim Leyland...IN

Comment

if the dude was younger he might be able to turn his career around, but at 32 I don't see it ...

Josh Smoker's Baseball Reference page
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Smokers and intravenous amphetamine users only.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Does this include smokeless tobacco?
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

What are they smoking?

Comment

Not if that is their only talent....unless they have their own Hall of Fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                What are they smoking?
                The Ball?
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dick Allen was once on the cover of SI while smoking.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

― Albert Einstein

Comment

There was once a time when smoking was not as frowned upon as it is now. Of course there was a time when someone would call us and we wouldn't know who it was!

I wonder if I would qualify for the Smokers Hall of Fame? How long do you have to be retired before you are eligible?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          There was once a time when smoking was not as frowned upon as it is now. Of course there was a time when someone would call us and we wouldn't know who it was!

I wonder if I would qualify for the Smokers Hall of Fame? How long do you have to be retired before you are eligible?
                          I think you looked better for the Hall of Fame before advanced metrics about nicotine content started being studied. You may only be in the Smokers Hall of Very Good now.

Comment

1.01 - Prince Albert in a Can

Little doubt of his ability to steal a base as you need the can to contain him.
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X