Eloy vs Sano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eloy vs Sano

Eloy is 15B so needs a raise or play him out.

Sano is $18B can be played out or give a raise.

$5 per year on the raises.

Who do you like better and would you give any raises.

5x5 AL only Keeper OBP instead of ave. $260 budget 12 teams.

Eloy all the way. Would go to 20 on him

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      This, for sure. If I could keep both, I'd extend Eloy a year and hold Sano and play him out, but if I have to ditch one, it's Sano.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        seconded

**edit - thirded

Comment

Do you already have another 1st baseman? Shouldn't make a huge difference, but 1st is a surprisingly scarce position.

And one of these day Sano is going to hit 50...maybe with less singles, but man, that power.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

I agree with Hornsby, I'd look hard at 1B position before deciding on your keeper

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Do you already have another 1st baseman? Shouldn't make a huge difference, but 1st is a surprisingly scarce position.

And one of these day Sano is going to hit 50...maybe with less singles, but man, that power.
              The power is there but it might come with a .200 batting average and OBP.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                The power is there but it might come with a .200 batting average and OBP.
                His OBP is not that bad...it's generally 80-100 points above his average. His career mark is .332. Of course, he could hit .199 again, or he could hit .260...he's done both in his career.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I do not have another first baseman. I traded for Sano when I started dumping last year.

I also owned Eloy for a long time and lost him when he got traded out of the league. I have been trying to get him in our AL since he went to the Sox.

The Eloy owner is aware of this and offered him to me but also asked for Luis Severino 11A along with Sano. I turned that down. I was thinking Sano and Eloy are about equal so I shouldn't have to give too much more. That is when I decided to post this and ask for opinions.

Thank you all for the input.

I did send him a counter but he declined.

Comment

His OBP is not that bad...it's generally 80-100 points above his average.
                    Or about 20-30 points above his weight.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Or about 20-30 points above his weight.
                      Hah! I see what you did there...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I like Sano better.

Comment

Funny how things work out.

I kept Sano (no raise so he is done).

I find myself in 9th place out of 12. Most of my offense is underperforming. Pitching is strong (2nd overall).

The 3rd place team has been trying to trade Eloy for a week or two. He gave Eloy a 1 year raise to $20 (done after next year)).

I offered him my 10A Pivetta straight up as he needs pitching. He counters with Pivetta, Stassi 1B, and Adam Engel 1A for Eloy 20, Jordan Lyles 1A, and Jorge Lopez 2FA (done after this year).

And that is how I ended up with Eloy and Sano on my team. Not at all like I imagined.

Comment

Funny how things work out.

I kept Sano (no raise so he is done).

I find myself in 9th place out of 12. Most of my offense is underperforming. Pitching is strong (2nd overall).

The 3rd place team has been trying to trade Eloy for a week or two. He gave Eloy a 1 year raise to $20 (done after next year)).

I offered him my 10A Pivetta straight up as he needs pitching. He counters with Pivetta, Stassi 1B, and Adam Engel 1A for Eloy 20, Jordan Lyles 1A, and Jorge Lopez 2FA (done after this year).

And that is how I ended up with Eloy and Sano on my team. Not at all like I imagined.
                            So now my $20X Eloy is out until June. I lead the league in sbs but am near the bottom in hrs, rbi and runs.

The Sano 21A owner just offered me Sano straight up for Merrifield 32x and done. I still have Mondesi and Robert for sbs.

Thought I had a deal with another owner for Sal Perez and done straight up for Merrifield, but he is now thinking he may go into rebuild mode and would then move Perez for a keeper.

I do not love the Sano deal but he does have the power potential that would help. Merrifield is not exactly on fire.

Thoughts?

Comment

So now my $20X Eloy is out until June. I lead the league in sbs but am near the bottom in hrs, rbi and runs.

The Sano 21A owner just offered me Sano straight up for Merrifield 32x and done. I still have Mondesi and Robert for sbs.

Thought I had a deal with another owner for Sal Perez and done straight up for Merrifield, but he is now thinking he may go into rebuild mode and would then move Perez for a keeper.

I do not love the Sano deal but he does have the power potential that would help. Merrifield is not exactly on fire.

Thoughts?
                              And that is how for the second straight year Sano and Jimenez end up on my team.

We each put in a craptastic extra piece to make the rosters work. The piece I sent him was much worse. Now I need Sano to heat up.

Comment

Working...
                              X