No announcement yet.

Former Guy Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the kind of stuff I saw from before he was even in office that just made my head explode when otherwise intelligent conservatives would dismiss these things as no big deal. From before day one, he shouted out loud and proud, repeatedly, that he gave zero fucks about our constitution, our checks and balances, our free press, any of what keeps America from devolving into a complete totalitarian nightmare. But so many said and continue to say, nah, no biggie, whatevs, I can look past all that silly stuff, cuz none of that was ever in any danger, so why care?

To me this argument is like bringing a zombie into your house to do chores around the house, but being dismissive about it constantly trying to eat your brains, because it is okay, Mitch McConnell has a shock collar to keep it in line, and it can never break free of that and he can totally be trusted to keep his hand on the button. And oh yeah, half of the country is also zombies who all support the zombie in your house and would totally storm your house if that zombie grunted at them to do so. But it is cool. They would just be their as tourists. No biggie.

I thought the GOP was just playing with fire and got burnt, but really, way, way more of them than I wanted to believe, give zero fucks about democracy. Or Science. And now we have lots of them actually in Congress, which is just frightening as all get out.

Comment

• The stunning death spiral continues:

"A New York appellate court suspended Rudolph W. Giuliani’s law license on Thursday after a disciplinary panel found that he made “demonstrably false and misleading” statements about the 2020 election as Donald J. Trump’s personal lawyer.

The court wrote in a 33-page decision that Mr. Giuliani’s conduct threatened “the public interest and warrants interim suspension from the practice of law.”

Mr. Giuliani helped lead Mr. Trump’s legal challenge to the election results, arguing without merit that the vote had been rife with fraud and that voting machines had been rigged.

“We conclude that there is uncontroverted evidence that respondent communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump’s failed effort at re-election in 2020,” the decision read."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        The stunning death spiral continues:

"A New York appellate court suspended Rudolph W. Giuliani’s law license on Thursday after a disciplinary panel found that he made “demonstrably false and misleading” statements about the 2020 election as Donald J. Trump’s personal lawyer.

The court wrote in a 33-page decision that Mr. Giuliani’s conduct threatened “the public interest and warrants interim suspension from the practice of law.”

Mr. Giuliani helped lead Mr. Trump’s legal challenge to the election results, arguing without merit that the vote had been rife with fraud and that voting machines had been rigged.

“We conclude that there is uncontroverted evidence that respondent communicated demonstrably false and misleading statements to courts, lawmakers and the public at large in his capacity as lawyer for former President Donald J. Trump and the Trump campaign in connection with Trump’s failed effort at re-election in 2020,” the decision read."
        https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/24/n...Pr0f2O5GWKTTPY
        This doesn't really change all that much. I think it was a pretty big stretch to call what he was doing "law."

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
          This doesn't really change all that much. I think it was a pretty big stretch to call what he was doing "law."
          Agreed. He belongs in prison, does it matter whether you have a law license while in prison?

Comment

• Remember that time he was ready to bang a girl he thought was 15 years old? What a stellar human, that personal lawyer of the former guy is.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Agreed. He belongs in prison, does it matter whether you have a law license while in prison?
              He gets preferred access to the prison library law books?

What's funny to me is that some of my FB feed, when Rudy went full Trumptard -- and you never go full Trumptard -- they were saying, "it's Rudy Giuliani, hero of 9/11, he cleaned up NYC! He'll show there was election fraud!" I mean, it doesn't take a psychiatrist to see Rudy had descended into near full-on brainwashed dementia. But yet, they couldn't see it.

Comment

Maybe he'll be holding his next press conference at the Four Seasons Prison Commissary.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

What's funny to me is that some of my FB feed, when Rudy went full Trumptard -- and you never go full Trumptard -- they were saying, "it's Rudy Giuliani, hero of 9/11, he cleaned up NYC! He'll show there was election fraud!" I mean, it doesn't take a psychiatrist to see Rudy had descended into near full-on brainwashed dementia. But yet, they couldn't see it.
                  I was stunned when I saw him speak at the 2016 RNC. He was screaming like a deranged lunatic. When he was mayor, whether you loved him or hated him, I never saw him as a screamer. I feel like he spoke in a much more measured tone, even if you completely disagreed with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    I was stunned when I saw him speak at the 2016 RNC. He was screaming like a deranged lunatic. When he was mayor, whether you loved him or hated him, I never saw him as a screamer. I feel like he spoke in a much more measured tone, even if you completely disagreed with him.
                    Absolutely. And even before that, when he was DA of the Southern District.

Comment

• right after 9/11 I was driving to a pool tournament with my GF who was from NYC and I scoffed at Giuliani and she told me to back off as he had hero status. but in reality, Giuliani had one of the only true conspiracies. first responders had to sue him for healthcare after he even showed up at ground zero claiming it was safe without protective masks and equipment. I also find the zombie analogy ironic, since is called a ghoul.

movies where people try to tame or chain zombies trivia.

night of the living dead (original)
                      day of the dead (I think) that one in the army bunker underground
                      dawn of the dead remake (fucking awesome movie, maybe the best one)
                      shawn of the dead.
                      one of the other night of the living dead's with the hot chick with red hair.

doesn't everyone try to chain up zombies and play around and then go oh shit!

Comment

• I can't imagine that this clown runs again in '24. Ultimately, I think the prospect of being a two-time loser will be enough to stop him (or even facing staunch primary challenges). If he's not in jail -- or worse -- he will only do harm to whatever's left of the GOP. He's already sinking the possibility of a Senate seat going back to the GOP in Arizona by relentlessly attacking the only GOP possibility they have to take on Sen. Kelly (term-limited Gov. Rob Ducey). It's hard to imagine even more carnage he can do to the corpse of the GOP, just to soothe his own ego and pettiness.

Y'know, maybe he should run again -- it would be a slam dunk for Biden or whoever else runs if he doesn't.

Comment

• Former Guy ranks 41st of 44 (Grover Cleveland is not counted twice) in his debut on C-Span's 2021 Presidential Historians Survey.

Honestly, it's hard to imagine how terrible Andrew Pierce, James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson were if they still finished lower!

Comment

• Former Guy Org and Former Guy Org's CFO are about to be indicted for, I assume, being thieving scumbags.

Edit: CFO just arraigned and brought to court in handcuffs.

Edit 2: How long until former guy claims he never met the CFO and that he was just a low level errand boy? Lmao, why would anyone have any loyalty to that guy? Suckers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Former Guy Org and Former Guy Org's CFO are about to be indicted for, I assume, being thieving scumbags.

Edit: CFO just arraigned and brought to court in handcuffs.

Edit 2: How long until former guy claims he never met the CFO and that he was just a low level errand boy? Lmao, why would anyone have any loyalty to that guy? Suckers.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Indictment is for 15+ years of giving bonuses "off the books" to employees so as not to pay taxes.

Hey, they nailed Al Capone on tax fraud too!

Comment

Working...
                                X