Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot number one for my boys, 8 and 6.

Best part was filling out the paperwork and some woman coming in frantically shouting "I was just exposed to Covid at work, can I get a test?" While wearing no mask. I loved that the store gave her a mask first before answering the question.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      Shot number one for my boys, 8 and 6.

Best part was filling out the paperwork and some woman coming in frantically shouting "I was just exposed to Covid at work, can I get a test?" While wearing no mask. I loved that the store gave her a mask first before answering the question.
      Mine are 7 and 4. The 7 year old will be getting his tomorrow after school. The four year old was just home 10 days for a quarantine from exposure at school (he ended up fine, but drove u crazy). I've been trying to find out if they will do that for the older one after he is vaxxed up. I'm thinking not, but we haven't gotten an answer yet. It is definitely an incentive to doctor the 4 year old's birth certificate if the answer is no more potential exposure quarantines for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Mine are 7 and 4. The 7 year old will be getting his tomorrow after school. The four year old was just home 10 days for a quarantine from exposure at school (he ended up fine, but drove u crazy). I've been trying to find out if they will do that for the older one after he is vaxxed up. I'm thinking not, but we haven't gotten an answer yet. It is definitely an incentive to doctor the 4 year old's birth certificate if the answer is no more potential exposure quarantines for him.
        We just had the 5 year old (I know I just said 8 and 6, but he just turned 6 and he was quarantined while 5) quarantined for a few days due to an exposure at aftercare. The aftercare is more stringent on quarantine so he is actually still not allowed back there. But the elementary school is less stringent and he was allowed back this week. They told us that once the kid is fully vaccinated, they're allowed into school after an exposure as long as they have no symptoms.

Comment

• if i was vaccinated and didn't have any pre-existing conditions and was under 40 and in good health, i'd be trying to get infected and hope some natural immunity might kick-in, even though i was infected after being vaccinated -and had already programmed my immune system.

ppl that were infected before they were vaccinated are kings. their immune system makes antibodies for the nucleocapsid (N-protein S2) which is more stable, and the vaccination attacks the spike S protein S1. additionally, ppl that attack N have cross-immunity to the common cold viruses. i'll make a guess.. ppl that have been infected with covid, will have a hard time catching a cold this winter.

this is something that everyone knows innately. natural immunity is actually better. but it's a bigger risk. but then after being vaccinated, your body never learned to make anti-bodies for the N-protein. it's like covid infection protects against colds, but cold infections don't protect against covid. so it doesn't make sense. but you are potentially reprogramming something. and it's a crucial decision for young ppl but not so much for old ppl as both immune systems are fresh. young ppl haven't learned yet while old ppl's immune system forgot! or got weaker.

it's like the movie Trading Places, having the Lobster or the Cracked-Crab, why can't we have both?

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            if i was vaccinated and didn't have any pre-existing conditions and was under 40 and in good health, i'd be trying to get infected and hope some natural immunity might kick-in, even though i was infected after being vaccinated -and had already programmed my immune system.

ppl that were infected before they were vaccinated are kings. their immune system makes antibodies for the nucleocapsid (N-protein S2) which is more stable, and the vaccination attacks the spike S protein S1. additionally, ppl that attack N have cross-immunity to the common cold viruses. i'll make a guess.. ppl that have been infected with covid, will have a hard time catching a cold this winter.

this is something that everyone knows innately. natural immunity is actually better. but it's a bigger risk. but then after being vaccinated, your body never learned to make anti-bodies for the N-protein. it's like covid infection protects against colds, but cold infections don't protect against covid. so it doesn't make sense. but you are potentially reprogramming something. and it's a crucial decision for young ppl but not so much for old ppl as both immune systems are fresh. young ppl haven't learned yet while old ppl's immune system forgot! or got weaker.

it's like the movie Trading Places, having the Lobster or the Cracked-Crab, why can't we have both?
            Just so I understand - you would try to catch COVID so you would then develop immunity to COVID ?
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• prevailing wisdom says the vaccines are a brilliant innovation. their greatest weakness is also their greatest strength. it only attacks the spike protein, which makes it leaky. but being a coronavirus, it will never mutate enough to truly escape immunity. the vaccines just attacking the spike protein is a totally brilliant strategy. it will never mutate enough. i'll make a prediction, even though they are working on modifying the vaccine, they will never have to.

i don't really understand if the flu or delta covid mutates more? why would you have to make a new flu vaccine every year but the covid vaccines haven't had to change yet.

anyways the great thing about the vaccine, what makes them brilliant is if the spike protein mutates, it loses it's virulence (infection) it puts the virus in a bad evolutionary spot. it can find a workaround, but by doing so it is forced to a new host.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                Just so I understand - you would try to catch COVID so you would then develop immunity to COVID ?
                Yeah, I think a lot of us are asking ourselves a similar question. If you are so unconcerned about CV-19 affecting your health significantly that you would intentionally try to get infected, why is it important that you acquire immunity in the 1st place?

Actually, this raises an idea that I've been wondering about all along. Can you get some degree of immunity by being exposed to a small number of CV-19 viruses that arent enough to actually infect you? I dont really know but to my mind it stands to reason that this would be true. From what I've read, for a healthy person w a healthy immune system w no risk factors, it takes exposure to hundreds, maybe over a thousand, CV-19 viruses over a short period of time in order to infect you. I've probably been exposed to at least small numbers of CV-19 viruses at once at various times just by being out and about over the past 20 months. Probably most people have also. Obviously, these werent enough to infect me because I've never been infected (at least not symptomatically). But I wonder if I've received any immunity from these exposures. I havent seen any studies on this.

Comment

• winter is coming. i cleaned up the RV today and got my portable propane heater. went to get propane, i have 5, 20lb containers. i can only use one at a time but i like to have backup. there is nothing worse than running out of propane when it's shit cold, and hooking up a backup tank and see it fuck up and leak and the valve or O-ring or something. and then if the power goes out and you have no gas for a generator, then you are truly fucked.

so i went to the propane place. they notice guys like me filling up barbecue tanks in the winter. yeah, ahem, i am barbecuing in the winter. no, honestly it's not my only source of heat. and they raised the price from $14 to $25. wow. and i know why they did it. because of covid. it's a major depot. they only welcomed walk in customers before. it wasn't really profitable. anyways, it's anti-social i guess. which i think is cool.

so i went to some guy up the street at a gas station selling for $15. he was thrilled to get my business. actually, 14 miles away. but i like the big propane places. i was hoping i might be able to get a job there someday.

the cats are really funny. that's one of the things about cold weather. they snuggle. that's when during the summer they never come inside, but come wintertime everyone changes our behavior.

Comment

the cats are really funny. that's one of the things about cold weather. they snuggle. that's when during the summer they never come inside, but come wintertime everyone changes our behavior.
                    Very true !
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• here is a tip, and it was hard to learn. there's two types of propane tanks, DOT and ASME. dot is for transportation, asme is for tanks over 420lb. err. i think it's 420. lol

DOT tanks have to be inspected. ASME tanks last a lifetime! and never have to really be inspected. yet, 5th wheel motorhomes have DOT tanks, while 1978 fucking motorhomes that drive like me have ASME tanks.

the problem is, you can't fill up my tank with DOT 20lb tanks. while these fucking bigger ones can. so i sent away for a hose and tried to fill up my tank from another tank, and all i got was thing banging noise. which i got scared and stopped. so i looked it up. and i asked all the teachers at the school, and they didn't know. the solution is for motorhomes that drive themselves, that have an ASME tank, you have to install a special adapter between the regulator and tank to connect to a DOT tank.

Comment

• it makes no sense, my RV is mobile and theirs isn't yet i have a permanent tank and they have DOT ones. and why the fuck did i have to look it up on Amazon to figure it out.

oh that special adaptor. in the past it was all about ball bearings, but to today it's about adaptors.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                          running around without a mask after being vaccinated almost seems like it is being encouraged by the health authorities. is there an opposite of Hanlon's razor?

Comment

running around without a mask after being vaccinated almost seems like it is being encouraged by the health authorities. is there an opposite of Hanlon's razor?
                            Not the opposite. I mean, it’s probably malice AND stupidity.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Not the opposite. I mean, it’s probably malice AND stupidity.
                              it can't be malice. the former CEO guy from Pfizer Michael Yeadon, he is a smart guy. sadly he thinks the vaccines are population control. unless he is being impersonated. i found him commenting on https://eugyppius.substack.com/p/the-marek-effect not a bad blog

and i specifically was looking. because i know he doesn't believe in the marek effect. at first i thought it was his blog. and now i just wonder if it was an impersonator. i think he is commenting in the replies there. i don't know. there are two things that are obvious, it's not a bioweapon and it's not an attempt by so-called elites to control population and mitigate climate change. it's sad that we have to establish that first before examining the situation.

Comment

• chance, when i said before about new viruses being more dangerous than old ones, i think i was wrong. it's not the virus but the vectors. the viruses have always existed. but more importantly it's about not predicting the sky is falling. yet. heh

you guys do realize, we can never live on another habitable planet because we will have no immunity to that planets viruses.

Comment

Working...
                                X