No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my second shot of Pfizer about an hour ago .

Comment

• Originally posted by hacko View Post
      Got my second shot of Pfizer about an hour ago .
      My second Pfizer shot made me a bit tired for the first few hours, then nothing. Hope you have the same!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Wife and I got the second Pfizer shot this morning at 8am. All we have felt so far is occasional tenderness at the injection site. The nurse who gave me the shot told us to keep busy today, to use the arm with the injection, and to stay hydrated. Since we had no reaction with the first, she felt we'd have no issues. *Fingers crossed* I went to work at the grocery store to unload the truck as a usual Tuesday. I don't know what to expect tonight or tomorrow.

Comment

• The United States has 133 million people who have gotten at least one dose of the vaccine and nearly all of that has been accomplished within four months. That's amazing.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• 200 million doses administered in Biden's first 100 days.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              200 million doses administered in Biden's first 100 days.
              Do you think Dan Crenshaw is impressed?
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                I'm sure he's noticed they've kept their eye on the prize.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  I'm sure he's noticed they've kept their eye on the prize.
                  I don't like him at all as my representative, but I'm actually concerned about his health. He had surgery trying to correct vision issues in his one remaining good eye. Hopefully the surgery will be successful and he will keep his sight.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Yar, matey.

Comment

Ah, I saw the clip that you're referencing. I'm going to go way out on a limb and guess that Crenshaw has not expressed how impressed he is.

Comment

• All 33 UC and Cal State schools are requiring Covid vaccines to attend In person classes this Fall.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          All 33 UC and Cal State schools are requiring Covid vaccines to attend In person classes this Fall.
                          I've seen this reported as a done deal, but some places (rightly) are saying they can't unless FDA approves it. We do not know when the FDA will fully approve any of the vaccines, so we can't know if this will happen by fall.

https://edsource.org/2021/california...d-staff/653608
                          Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-24-2021, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            I've seen this reported, but some places are saying they can't unless FDA approves it. Anyone know the law on this?
                            They are doing it this year. My daughter wasn't allowed on campus without one when she arrived in fall and left for breaks. This is a Cal State campus. Edit, nevermind, they require tests not vaccines
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                              They are doing it this year. My daughter wasn't allowed on campus without one when she arrived in fall and left for breaks. This is a Cal State campus. Edit, nevermind, they require tests not vaccines
                              Yeah, my university requires tests, but not vaccines. The only way, I think, vaccines can be required is if the FDA fully approves one of the vaccines. I am not sure they will by the fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                Yeah, my university requires tests, but not vaccines. The only way, I think, vaccines can be required is if the FDA fully approves one of the vaccines. I am not sure they will by the fall.
                                I'm sure that even if they do approve in time there will be lawsuits challenging the mandate.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X