No announcement yet.

Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, you are valued around here. I'm not going to always have something to say in response to what you write. That doesn't mean I don't want you to post or don't like you. I imagine other people are the same. You write pretty stream of consciousness and it can be hard to respond to that. That's you and that's fine. You can be you and it's good, but other people can be themselves, too. It's not all about you, and yet you have your part to play.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
      this is where it's gets dicey. dissenters have already been censored. by the media. facebook, twitter banned virus origins than unbanned it, didn't advocate face masks, than did, than didn't. we brought it on ourselves in an attempt of control. because our lives are in disarray. and now we are like the poor. if we can control other people's lives we'll feel like we have some semblance of control over our own lives.

i have one question, has everything always been fucked up, or is this a new thing. can i get Vegas odds on this? hey you know what, if i can get the government to control everyone's lives, and i can pretend that i am supportive of the government, than i am in control of my own life, and everyone else's at the same time. it's a fucking win, win for everyone.

War of the Worlds. life without competition isn't life. your vaccines are going to fail miserably. you can't vaccinate a coronavirus on the fly. it's basic virology 101.

you have to be an idiot not to recognize a virus already well adapted to humans that escaped from a lab. we couldn't have been caught more red handed. yet, the cat totally out of the bag, and here we are still debating about it. relying on the same people to bail us out that fucked us.

at what point do you realize and admit, we are all out of our fucking minds. there is no neat and tidy place to put this. it's FUBAR.
      This is a pretty pessimistic. I'm also somewhat confused by you're first statement. You are by far the most science driven person here. With COVID, we have had a the opportunity to see the scientific-method of hypothesis and test, and re-hypothesis and test play out in real time. That is what has lead to a lot of confusion and mistrust, IMO. People forgot what they learned in biology way back in the day.

Are we screwed??? I don't know. It seems that the human spirit and mind are pretty good at keeping us upright. Will we lose more people to COVID in the next months and years. Yup, but overall. I think we will win.
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        On Ivermectin, there's confusion. The antiviral drug for humans is not being prescribed to humans because it isn't approved by the FDA as a treatment for Covid.
        Nully could have been clearer, and what you're saying is definitely true for the US (and I think Canada..is that right?). But Ivermectin is being heavily used in other countries. Study feedback is a mixed bag of questionably managed datasets and possibly desired conclusions driving outcomes, if you know what I mean.

I hope you remain open to getting the vaccine some day. Both paths include some risk, some personal resignation of personhood to be included in some large scale vaccine passport system.
        Nicely stated.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• what really scares me is when i come out of my RV to feed the cats and they aren't around. and i think something happened to them. cats are like that. once in a while they mess with you. just to see if they are important. and my god. it's torture. sit there calling them. thinking this is it. i lost them. now i am just going to slit my wrists and die under a bridge.

it's really interesting how life works. it attaches itself to itself. it makes life depend on other lives. it judges itself through a different perspective.

it forces you to do something with your life. cats are just a small example. humans are the ultimate example of a successful species. our cooperation. there is only one species that envies our ability to do that, and that is whales. that's why when a whale in the ocean sees us, and respects and fears us.

oh a whale is just as human as we are. it nurtures it's young. neoteny. it thinks it has a plan. it had no technology, but it has everything we admire as species. what do whales really think of us. what is it like to be once step from dying under as bridge. what is it like to living under your own power and not need constant reassurance or help.

this is what i envy about cats. what is it like to be between both worlds. how do they do they do it. how can i learn from them and do it too. humans are destruction. i know there is a larger philosophical debate.

the real debate is survival. it's interesting how life attaches itself to itself. whales see us as an an ally. which is easy to do when you swim around sharks a lot.

Comment

• in the world of virology. it's really the same thing. viruses created life. they converted RNA to DNA. they attached. it's hilarious really. a virus is trying to create life. that is what it does. that is it's purpose. too rearrange a bunch of fucking genes hoping to get lucky.

you could compare quantum physics to the random luck of viruses. it's all random. until it isn't. until life is created. perhaps whales actually instinctively understand this. they really should've been humans. but they decided to branch out their species in the water. they we land animals once.

that's my favorite star trek movie.

so here we are. some asshole species of humans, fucking up everything even though we know better. but we cant help or stop it. so what are we trying to save?

we are trying to save intelligence. the most precious thing in the world. it's why whales hate sharks.

Comment

• that's the debate, life is about competition, survival and altruism.

whales are capable of altruism. humpbacks' saving seals from sharks. for no benefit. except a defiance against the nature of competition.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                what really scares me is when i come out of my RV to feed the cats and they aren't around. and i think something happened to them. cats are like that. once in a while they mess with you. just to see if they are important. and my god. it's torture. sit there calling them. thinking this is it. i lost them.
                This is a lot like having kids.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• that's what makes me angry about reality. it's not a competition. only randomness makes it look like it.

winning. heh. what is winning. in the end what do you win. there is no such thing as winning. but it's fun think. there is only now. and that is the only thing. there is now future or past.

there is only space. you will be recreated, someday, and again, to live out this.

Piercing the Darkness. ...it's just random right?

Dr. Fauci the prince of darkness. that is pretty funny.

oh the low hanging fruit every always goes after.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    This is a lot like having kids.
                    exactly what i meant. like humpback whales protecting seals. it's altruism.

Comment

• The freedom of choosing to be unemployed:

At least 125 part-time employees at Indiana University Health system, the largest physicians network in the state, have lost their jobs for not complying with Covid-19 vaccination requirements, a spokeswoman said Friday.

"Indiana University Health has put the safety and well-being of patients and team members first by requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Sept. 1," said Berkley Rios, an Indiana University Health spokeswoman.

"After a two-week unpaid suspension period ending Sept. 14, a total of 125 employees, the equivalent of 61 full time employees, chose not to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and have left the organization."
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• we get wrapped in our lives. your invested. there is no way out. losing the things, for me my cats, anyone would do anything to prevent it.

there is only now. in space in time. the only way to prevent it is not to have cats. and now the whole debate becomes about perpetual growth. and that is a wrong debate. space is large enough for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          The freedom of choosing to be unemployed:

At least 125 part-time employees at Indiana University Health system, the largest physicians network in the state, have lost their jobs for not complying with Covid-19 vaccination requirements, a spokeswoman said Friday.

"Indiana University Health has put the safety and well-being of patients and team members first by requiring employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Sept. 1," said Berkley Rios, an Indiana University Health spokeswoman.

"After a two-week unpaid suspension period ending Sept. 14, a total of 125 employees, the equivalent of 61 full time employees, chose not to receive the COVID-19 vaccine and have left the organization."
                          the entire thing doesn't make sense to me. vaccines do prevent viral load. so they lesson virality, but there is natural immunity too. we could just be testing people. if they had a prior infection they would be less virulent too.

i know this is bad and people are dying from not being vaccinated. and i am constantly thinking about going down to a vaccination center. but what happens when we reach herd immunity and this disappears. how long is this going to last. how long is the government going to use this as an excuse for politics.

oh my god i wish this was just a question of science.

there is only one answer to this, start exercising, eat healthy, fuck everyone. take care of yourself. don't rely on the system for answers. stop drinking. it's a bad virus, but it's not a country killing virus. it's totally tragic that it became a survival of the fittest thing. but we did it to ourselves.

Comment

• i don't mean to be a problem but you guys are baseball guy, there hasn't been on baseball player that has died from this. certainly some of them have been affected. Eduardo Rodriguez had heart problems from covid and was out all year. freddie freeman of the braves had a high ass temperature, and they said recently alex wood had a bad bout.

but why had no ball player died? this is science. is it because they are young. they are outside and get a lot of vitamin D. ..it's a shit question. but it has to be asked. why do other people die

Comment

• one of the old guys nurses here died from it. she was awesome, she had kids, only in her 40's.

fuck China, fuck gain of function experiments, and fuck all of this. we really fucked ourselves. it's true

Comment

• Anthony Fauci, the prince of darkness lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X