Covid Vaccine thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Sorry to hear that. I'm not in the "serves you right" camp either with anyone, more along the lines of frustration and disappointment.

You say her symptoms are close to yours, you had pneumonia?
    Actually I do not know as back then if you were sick you could not see a doctor. I was more speaking of the other symtoms.

Her cough when she talks sounds exactly like mine did. She said the cough was more irritating (mine too) than painful. Plus the cough sets off with the first word spoken out loud. Other symptoms we hold in common, Aches, tiredness, lack of taste and smell, nerve issues, weird sleep patterns, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Actually I do not know as back then if you were sick you could not see a doctor. I was more speaking of the other symtoms.

Her cough when she talks sounds exactly like mine did. She said the cough was more irritating (mine too) than painful. Plus the cough sets off with the first word spoken out loud. Other symptoms we hold in common, Aches, tiredness, lack of taste and smell, nerve issues, weird sleep patterns, etc.
      Sorry to hear that, I hope she has a full and speedy recovery.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• My son is getting his first shot today. Honestly brought a tear to my eye that he finally can get it. Very happy!
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

My 64 year old sister has not been vaccinated has come down with covid and pneumonia. I love her so it is hard for me to have the attitude of serves you right or should have listened or other angry negative thoughts.

As yet she is not hospitalized. Her symptomes actually are very close to what I experienced last year. I am hoping and praying for a fast recovery for her.
          Best wishes for her quick recovery
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
            My son is getting his first shot today. Honestly brought a tear to my eye that he finally can get it. Very happy!
            Great news. I remember what a relief it was to finally get vaccinated.
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My son is getting his first shot today. Honestly brought a tear to my eye that he finally can get it. Very happy!
              Good to get good news!

Comment

• Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes for my sister.

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words and well wishes for my sister.
                  My "serves them right" thoughts are reserved for heads of state and those profiting off the fear mongering... I have nothing but compassion for anyone just trying to figure out what is best for themsleves.

Thoughts and prayers (for realz) for your sister and your family Gregg.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Both of mine are getting their first shots tomorrow. My older one says he is still going to wear a mask after all of this is over because "they're totally comfortable." I still need to get my booster, just keep forgetting to make the appointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                      Both of mine are getting their first shots tomorrow. My older one says he is still going to wear a mask after all of this is over because "they're totally comfortable." I still need to get my booster, just keep forgetting to make the appointment.
                      seems a bit fake newsy to me, wearing a mask is basically submission to the tyrants that want to control our lives.

actually kind of interesting. I don't enjoy wearing a mask, most of the time it is fine, but sometimes gets a bit uncomfortable, but kids probably adjust to them more than us old codgers.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        My "serves them right" thoughts are reserved for heads of state and those profiting off the fear mongering... I have nothing but compassion for anyone just trying to figure out what is best for themsleves.

Thoughts and prayers (for realz) for your sister and your family Gregg.
                        Yeah. I hope for the best for your sister, Gregg, and for anyone for whom fear and doubt left them uncertain. That is a different sort that those pandering or fearmongering, knowing they will cost people lives.

Comment

I have to tell my two young boys at least 5 times to take off their masks when I pick them up from school. They totally forget they are there. I can't say I feel the same, but will continue to wear them on those zero degree days on those long walks outside for the rest of my days. I really never understood how comfortable people seem with their face all exposed in -5 degree weather. I guess everyone feels stuff different, because my face feels like it is on fire in super cold weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            seems a bit fake newsy to me, wearing a mask is basically submission to the tyrants that want to control our lives.

actually kind of interesting. I don't enjoy wearing a mask, most of the time it is fine, but sometimes gets a bit uncomfortable, but kids probably adjust to them more than us old codgers.
                            Third graders have no concept of freedom.

My bigger issue with masks is that I have to wear my contacts because otherwise it’s hopeless.

Comment

Third graders have no concept of freedom.

My bigger issue with masks is that I have to wear my contacts because otherwise it’s hopeless.
                              government mandates for masks and vaccines were bad enough, now they are mandating contacts !!! This is too much
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I've found that wearing my glasses lower on my nose and exhaling through my mouth prevents my glasses from fogging up when i have a mask on. I just pretend that i am a near-sighted Darth Vader.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X