Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    i was even there, in the waiting room with my cat, by chance,
    You named one of your cats after me? I'm touched.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Unless I'm missing something it looks like getting a booster is a very good idea

---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Unless I'm missing something it looks like getting a booster is a very good idea

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...249-2/fulltext
        The microchip batteries just don't last forever
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Got the booster yesterday. Some of my friends who didn't have any reactions to the initial vaccine had a reaction to the booster, but I just have a sore shoulder (like I did with the first shots).

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Got the booster yesterday. Some of my friends who didn't have any reactions to the initial vaccine had a reaction to the booster, but I just have a sore shoulder (like I did with the first shots).
            Also got boosted recently. No side effects for me, just like the first time around, other than regular sore shoulder. Got my flu shot at the same time and I guess the COVID shoulder hurt slightly more? No big deal either way. My wife got pretty run down for about a day, just like she did the first time around.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Getting boosted later today. I had a rough 12-36 hours after round 2 back in April, so we'll see how this goes.

Comment

• Also, I received my shots in Costco, which was really fucking weird.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Lots of mention of boosters. Are you guys getting the same booster as your original vaccination or different?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Lots of mention of boosters. Are you guys getting the same booster as your original vaccination or different?
                    I got the same - Pfizer

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Also, I received my shots in Costco, which was really fucking weird.
                      Is it safe to get a Costco sized vaccine? That seems like way too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                        Is it safe to get a Costco sized vaccine? That seems like way too much.
                        Receive a vaccine, get a 12 gallon jug of ketchup free!

Comment

• I made a post a couple weeks ago about aspiration of this shot and indicated that, despite some uncertainty about potential problems re: aspiration, I decided that since some techs are willing and able to do this upon request I was going to request it. I had previously made an appt for the shot. I arrived on time for the appt but had to wait for about an hour and 45 minutes before I got seen. They were taking walk-in patients also and they served many walk in patients before the people who had made appts (I definitely was not the only one). After already being upset at having to wait so long for a scheduled appt and having many walk-ins who came in after me served before me, I was told by the tech on duty that she did not know how to aspirate. I figured that there would be more than one tech administering the shots but she said she was the only one. I walked out and decided to try again another day.

I didnt feel a rush to have this done so I'm just now getting around to revisit this. I called a couple other places and asked if they could aspirate the shot and they said they had not been trained to do this. One guy said he'd been giving shots for many years and that this was the first time that anyone had asked him to aspirate (incredible to believe). I called back the place that I made the appt for before and, after a long wait on hold, I talked to the pharmacy dept. At first she said that their techs dont know how to aspirate. I told her that I talked w a guy there in person before that said he would aspirate if I requested and asked when he would be next on duty. She said his next day was next Tuesday, so I made an appt for then. Fingers crossed that he's not sick or something that day.

So, if you want your shot aspirated, you may have problems doing so unless you are as persistent as I am about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            I got the same - Pfizer
                            Same for me also - Pfizer. But I didn't get the Costco sized dose.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Same for me also - Pfizer. But I didn't get the Costco sized dose.
                              I guess you only have like 1/10th the immunity that Bene has. Tough break.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                                I guess you only have like 1/10th the immunity that Bene has. Tough break.
                                Maybe he'll pick up the rest in the free samples later though.

Comment

Working...
                                X